Seeking recipes for Carolina gold bbq sauce

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
We enjoyed the long forgotten Carolina Gold bbq sauce that TJs sells this past week.

Seeking links or recipes to proven recipe versions that I can make myself.

Got any good ones you care to share?

Never had the real thing, so nothing to compare to, but this is a big hit every time I serve it.

Attachments

• South Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce.pdf
    468.2 KB · Views: 23
Most likely is me, but I cannot open the PDF. Could you post a link?
3⁄4 cup yellow mustard
3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1⁄4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (to taste)

Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Whisk to combine and occasionally while simmering for 20-30 minutes

3⁄4 cup yellow mustard
3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1⁄4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (to taste)

Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Whisk to combine and occasionally while simmering for 20-30 minutes
Thanks!

Thank you all for this thread. I've tried some Carolina Gold BBQ sauce at a couple different restaurants and have never been impressed. Based on what flavor profiles I like, this should be one of my favorites, but I'm always disappointed.

I made pulled pork for a crowd yesterday and made some homemade sauce. It was a mix between the heygrillhey.com recipe that @Jeff Beitinger posted above and a similar one I found. Here was the final recipe:

1 C yellow mustard
1/4 C apple cider vinegar
1/4 C light brown sugar
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp Tabasco hot sauce (you might want to add a little more - I made this somewhat mild for our crowd)

Same instructions as most similar recipes. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan, heat and whisk together for 10-20 minutes. Cool and serve.

I loved it. The guests loved it. This might be one of those things that I always have in my fridge. I also put it on some chicken tenders and it was great. Side note: I was always a big fan of the McDonald's hot mustard sauce, and it was a sad day when I realized they stopped offering it many years ago. This isn't quite the same flavor profile, but that's okay.

Anyway, thanks again for this thread.

Back