Saturday Night Pizza

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Haven't been too active on the grilling/qing front lately. Decided to bust out of the funk and fire up the Kettle Pizza. Made three balls of Rich G's Caputo/AP pizza dough a couple of days ago. This cook was kind of a half bubble off for me all evening. Should have pulled my dough out of the fridge sooner. It was still pretty tight when it was time to form the pies. The edges still managed to puff up on me and made for a thick outer rim of pizza crust.... which I absolutely hate. Anyway, on with the pies.

My main pie was supposed to be a Margherita Pizza. Found that my last curbside delivery substituted my whole leaf fresh basil with finely chopped basil and that took from the presentation. At the last minute I threw on some small sliced tomatoes. It just seemed lacking. Here's a picture as I put it on the grill. (removed the baking steel for the photo). One chimney of KBB and a huge oak split for some extra heat on the KP set up. Pie number one was OK at best. Poor leoparding on the backside. Even with a pre-heated pizza stone I just didn't have enough heat. Pie #2 was better, Canadian Bacon and Pineapple was better and Pie #3 was the best and of course I managed to over cook that one. Anyway, they all were decent and my wife was happy. Just a couple of pictures on this cook. Managed not to get my lighting set up but there's enough to give you the idea.

Pie #1

DSC_5169 (Large).JPG

DSC_5172 (Large).JPG

All three done. Pie #3 was a straight up Pepperoni, rapidly becoming our favorite.

DSC_5176 (Large).JPG

DSC_5179 (Large).JPG.

Well, that's it. Hope you all are enjoying the long weekend. We're up to a whopping 10 inches of rain for the season and hoping for a lot more. Thanks for looking everyone.

My daughter was just asking when I was going to make Kettle pizzas again. I told her wait until it gets warmer, if I show her your I am in for it... I love the look of that ham and pineapple pizza.

Even half a bubble off, those are complete winners, Cliff! :) I keep meaning to make pizza.....haven't done it in a while! Pepperoni is always a winner, and yours looks great (perfect cupping, and crispy edges!) Stay dry!

R

That looks great! We were talking about making pizza later this week.

With curbside pick up and delivery groceries we've started marking everything "no substitutions". A few orders had some pretty crazy items substituted. All in all though we've had pretty good luck getting what we've ordered.

Back