Rust on 'Floor'

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
This seems to be a common issue, and I'm wondering what I can do about it. During my Genesis rehab over the weekend, I found some rust under the paint inside my cabinet. Can I simply scrape/sand this down and repaint? Also thinking I should refinish or replace that grease pan bracket. Thanks.

1591019025436.jpeg

Hard to find that style cabinet that doesn't have rust. I would grind rust down with a wire brush on angle grinder then treat like Larry mentioned.

If you plan on rehabbing a lot of these style grills, you'll likely run into pieces that can't be rehabbed and you'll need to replace.

Here is a side-project grill I recently finished. Good example of horrible rust on that grill. Don't recommend rehabbing one in that condition, but I am really happy with how the wood flooring and sides turned out. Certainly will stand up to the elements better than stock design.

Here is a side-project grill I recently finished. Good example of horrible rust on that grill. Don't recommend rehabbing one in that condition, but I am really happy with how the wood flooring and sides turned out. Certainly will stand up to the elements better than stock design.

Wow, Kyle! Just read through that whole thread. You had a lot of work to do there and it turned out great. Interestingly, our grills are similar and only a year apart. Mine is a 2013 EP330 in the same brown color, but with the front to back burners.C32BCADC-1A5D-4F33-9AB6-71AB2B36435B.jpeg

Back