Royal Oak All Natural Charcoal Briquettes

tjkoko

TVWBB All-Star
Just finished using my first bag of the stuff. My own opinion is that it burns hotter and much faster but it flavors the food a little better than Kingsford. I'll stick with Kingsford however. I'm certain that this has been posted before now.

Love the petro chemical aroma of Kingsford LOL. Truth be told I can smell that stuff half mile away. Not for my food.

Love the petro chemical aroma of Kingsford LOL. Truth be told I can smell that stuff half mile away. Not for my food.
I don't detect any aroma of petro from Kingsford. Either you're female or your nose is ultra sensitive with all due respect. A woman's nose is 10K times more sensitive to scents than a man's. With all due respect.

I don't detect any aroma of petro from Kingsford. Either you're female or your nose is ultra sensitive with all due respect. A woman's nose is 10K times more sensitive to scents than a man's. With all due respect.
<looks down> No, pretty sure those aren't lady bits. :)

I'm firmly with @LMichaels in the no briquettes camp, just due to the odor. It's not just Kinsford, since I've gotten my sinuses sorted out, it's any ground lump that's molded. Brand doesn't seem to matter, I can smell the difference in burning. No, I'm not using easy light brands. Yes, I know, it shouldn't end up in dinner. Don't care at this point, I'll use natural lump (B+B, Rockwood, Royal Oak in a pinch) for anything that I'm eating. Seasoning runs, briquettes are fine but they do produce several times the ash of natural lump.

Can you give me an example of your favorite, one that doesn’t have a chem smell?
Lump. I have not found a briquette that does not emit petrochemical odors. And no if I use coal I don't use light fluids or other chemical starters. Simply newspaper and chimney. Yeah my smeller still works pretty damn good for an old fart. Not as good as it used to say 30 years ago or when my allergies are acting up. But it's sensitive enough that I can smell too much salt in a dish. Yep you read that right.
Sometimes it's a curse LOL

Lump. I have not found a briquette that does not emit petrochemical odors. And no if I use coal I don't use light fluids or other chemical starters. Simply newspaper and chimney. Yeah my smeller still works pretty damn good for an old fart. Not as good as it used to say 30 years ago or when my allergies are acting up. But it's sensitive enough that I can smell too much salt in a dish. Yep you read that right.
Sometimes it's a curse LOL
Ah, I see. I’ve used some Rockwood and Basques Sugar Maple lump, and I agree, they have much less odor. I also have a bag of Cowboy lump that I need to try, Thanks for the explanation, I wasn’t sure where you were going with your previous post. I’m a little slow, but I wouldn’t have it any other way:cool:

Back