Rough day out here.

Oregon is in bad shape. Multiple small towns have been erased the last two days. My oldest son was just told to evacuate where he lives in Lincoln City Oregon. Some of my other relatives in Estacada Oregon have had to evacuate.

Here in Central Oregon our fires are burning but the wind is keeping the smoke away and giving some relief to residents near them. Southern Oregon is in bad shape too.

Thought we were having a pretty good fire year. Not no more.

The smoke is stifling here. We're just staying indoors, computer games, reading, making bread...just passing time. Fires all around us, Fires in Trinity County to our west, Tehama/Glenn counties to our south, Yuba counties to our east and now the mess in southern Oregon to our north. We're hanging in there without anything too close to us here. That sound you hear is me knocking on wood. We had a small fire 5 miles from the house a couple of hours ago, but fortunately Cal Fire jumped on it and it's contained and under control. Sure glad it didn't pop up yesterday with those sustained winds out of the north. Hang in there everyone.

Those aren't rain clouds. Dense, black smoke. This photo was taken at 8:36 am this morning. The second shot was a little later, at 9:41 am this morning.

DSC_4303 (Large).JPG

DSC_4309 (Large).JPG

I saw that orange sky on the news. Unreal. :eek:

I assume one has to wear an N-95 mask in that stuff just to breathe?

Back