Rotisserie Prime Rib... YUM!!

Ron A

TVWBB Fan
I'm a frequent poster on the WSM board, but on Christmas Day our family feast included a 6 lb bone-in prime rib roast (4 bones) that I cooked on my Weber Genesis with the Weber rotisserie attachment.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures and now all that's left is some bones and some string......

Preparation:

Bought at Costco in October, then frozen and vacuum sealed. Slow-thawed the roast in my fridge for about three days. Removed from fridge an hour before cooking time.

Remove the grilling grates and turn on all Genesis burners, pre-heat to 550 degrees.

Rub:

1/2 cup kosher salt
1 Tablespoon granulated garlic
2 Tablespoon onion powder
1 Teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 teaspoon smoked paprika

Rub all sides of the roast thoroughly and generously and let sit for about 10 minutes. Center and balance the roast on the rotisserie rod and secure both ends with prongs. Insert the rod into the rotisserie motor and close the lid. Turn off the center burner and lower the heat on the outer burners to MEDIUM. Start rotisserie. Set it and forget it. In about 2 hours, check for desired doneness. Most of us were med-rare folks, so 2 hours was just about right. Let it sit on a platter for about 10 minutes, remove the spit and slice accordingly.

Serve with freshly grated horseradish (1 cup grated horseradish and 1 Tbsp white vinegar). A group of 8 of us polished off the entire roast, some twice-baked potatoes, grilled pineapple slices, a spinach salad and a loaf of spent grain bread (with balsamic dipping sauce).

A Merry Christmas was had by all!

Merry Christmas Ron. Sounds like you hit a home run with that dinner. Would have loved to see some of the action.

Merry Christmas Ron! If I would have seen this post earlier I could have run down for a plate.;) Go Hawks!
Scott

Last edited:
Thank you. This sounds like a great recipe to try on my gasser. I keep saying that I need to use my rotisserie attachment more.

Back