Rotisserie for Performer different from Standard 22?

Ron G.

TVWBB Wizard
Looks like the ring interferes with the bolt head & nuts for the Tuck-Away lid holder.
(The ring does not sit down like it should.)

I could notch the bottom of the ring with a cutting wheel on my grinder, but is there a unique ring for the Performer with the notches in the correct spots? Otherwise, is there a mod that works for the bolt heads and nuts?

Weber should really consider flaring the ends of the TAW lid bail so that a pan-head screw could be inserted from the inside.

For today, I'm going to use a crumpled foil gasket.

Gee Ron, I'm not having any trouble, which side are you putting the motor on? I have mine over the table and actually added a set of studs on the collar to accept a second grate for double level cooks. Doing a chicken tomorrow!

My ring also sits down as far as it should, it sits on the tabs. Are you sure you have the right nuts on the on the lid holder?

Yep! Against my better judgement, I followed the assembly instructions to the letter....
Maybe my Roti-kit has been sitting in the box at the store for a long time, and is from prior to mods made to accommodate the Tuck-Away Lid brackets?

Anybody know if the Rotisserie Kits are marked or date-coded in some way? (Maybe it's time to put that highly rated Weber customer service to the test and see what advice they offer...)

I know that I could easily notch the edge of the ring in two places, but I prefer not to if I can avoid doing that- it could lead to premature rusting or corrosion of the ring. I think I'll try calling them tomorrow.

Do you still have the box for your roti? Rotis made after 2011 are notched for the performer and says it works with the performer on the box.

OK - It's official, I am an IDIOT!

Looked at the sucker this evening in my garage, rotate it 90-degrees and VOILÀ!
Don't know why, but I got it in my head that the spit went front-to-rear, not sideways.
Spit front to rear allows me to still use the lid-holder, and I get a clear "target", to see the hole in the motor unit
Sideways seems stupid - blocks access to both the lid holder and part of the table

Now that I see how this works, I may change my mind about carving two new, small notches into the bottom lip of the ring.
This will allow me to use it in the wrong way, that seems "right" to me!

Not like I'm an Engineer with excellent technical and mechanical abilities or anything..... (Argh!)

Ron, it happens! I have made that same statement about myself!
When I looked at your picture I thought it was an orientation issue. I have always set up my performer on an "East/Wesr"axis so it was pretty clear to me. I agree, it does interfere with the lid holder but, it's hard to load or remove anything with the lid in the hanger. Personally, I really preferred the old style hook on the side and am considering removing the TAW anyway, I spent a lot of time modifying my table this past fall, I am still fine tuning the set up a little. I need to do a little painting, shift the tool rack position, install the umbrella base, pick up the 2" porterhouse steaks. You know, the regular stuff.

Back