Ribs Top and Bottom Rack - Help

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I would like to cook 4 racks of spares, two on top and two on the bottom grate. I do not wish to roll the racks (I just love how they look when they've laid out flat). My question is on timing considering the difference in temperatures top to bottom. What would be the best approach on timing in to doing ribs on both grates.
Also, would mixing spares and BBacks in this type of cook work out well (timing)?
Thanks you guys, you're the best

Connie

When using both racks to cook the same type meat (in this case spares). You may want to switch meat from th ebottom rack to the top and vise versa about 1/2 way through your expected cook time in this case 6-7 hours. Half the time 3-31/2
hours. The bottom rack is ussually cooler than the top rack by 10-20*. This will help to ensure even cooking.

Cooking two different types of ribs. I would put the spares on about 1hour before the baby backs.
You still may need to wrap and hold one or the other but not for long.
Good luck

Thanks James. That makes sense, I guess I am always too concerned with trying to get the lid on and off fast, I'll try to relax a little! Thanks also for the speculation on the two different types of ribs together, that gives me a great place to start. I appreciate your response!
Connie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back