Ribs at New Place/New Camera

Dan Krause

TVWBB Fan
Not sure which I am more pleased with, the ribs or the new camera.

Got a deal at the local market for these:
P4280050.jpg

Very basic seasoning/rub:
P4280053.jpg

On to the smoker they go:
P4280055.jpg

After about 3 hours and just before the foiling stage:
P4280058.jpg

Light coat of sauce at the end and charred off on the coals:
P4280063.jpg

The final product:
P4280065.jpg

I made one (of the four) experimental rack with an asian hot and sour bbq sauce that was quite tasty.

Looks real good. What did you use for seasoning? Looks like a simple salt, pepper and garlic blend. Is that right? Either way, looks really good.

You nailed the ribs and the pics. Oh, and the deal too. Less than 8 bucks for a rack of spares? I'd be renting a Uhaul to get all of them outta the store.

The rub was salt, pepper, sugar, lemon pepper, granulated garlic, ginger powder, rosemary powder, fennel powder, and cayenne pepper.
Next time, I will do less salt, fennel, and rosemary.
While the ribs were a great deal, I prefer the full spares from Sam's Club. I am pretty particular in how I cut my St. Louis ribs from a full spare. Plus, the ribs from Sams seem to have more meat on them.
The Asian hot and sour sauce ended up being quite the hit last night. I may post the recipe in the recipe forum here.

My new camera is an Olympus PEN E-PM1. Got it on sale at Sam's Club. I just got it and I just using the pre-built camera settings for these pics. I am taking a class to better learn the camera and how to take better photos.

Thanks for all the compliments. It was a fun cook. Heck, they all are fun, it's one of the reasons I love BBQ so much.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just got it and I just using the pre-built camera settings for these pics. I am taking a class to better learn the camera and how to take better photos. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the setting must have been for "Awesome Ribs" as those look fantastic!

Back