Ribs and Smash Burgers

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Did a new rib recipe from Steve Raichlen, St. Louis Ribs with Vanilla Brown Sugar Glaze. I’ve cooked my ribs just a couple of different ways and decided to do something different.
Barb took the lead on this cook, it had a new rub for us and a new glaze.
Here’s the link to the recipe.

https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/st-louis-ribs-with-vanilla-brown-sugar-glaze/

The rub and the glaze were both outstanding.
Cooked on the Camp Chef pellet grill at 225 with apple pellets. The cook took about 4 hours. The only thing we changed was I cut the recipe in half because it was for 4 racks of ribs and Barb basted the ribs 3 times instead of just once. Sides were Corn on the bone and root beer beans
The rub and the glaze were both outstanding. The ribs were tender with just a little pull which we like and a lite smoke flavor.
This is a definite keeper.

100_5890.JPG

100_5895.JPG

100_5902.JPG

100_5908.JPG

The next cook was kicking off the 22ed season with our Geneses 2000, which started life as a new Geneses 1000LX.
What better way to kick off the new season than making some smash burgers.
Fired up all three burners on high and 20 minutes later the temp gauge was pegged.
Again Barb took over all I got to do was toast the buns and cook the fries on the E320.
Do you see a trend here?

100_5910.JPG

100_5909.JPG

100_5915.JPG

100_5920.JPG

100_5925.JPG

Have a great day.

Eatin' good at the Dahl's place!!! Those ribs look really good, Rich, Barb knocked them out of the park. Thanks for sharing the recipe, always fun to try something different!

I was going to do smash burgers tonight, but I got vetoed.......Might make some for just me anyway. :)

R

Two great looking meals! I've been craving both ribs and smash burgers. May have to put them on the menu soon!

Rich, those ribs look awesome! Can you also cook them on the Performer? All I have other than the Genny A.

Bob, here's Jim Lampe's High Heat rib method, even though he is using his 26 a 22 kettle works just fine. This is the way I do ribs 90% of the time now and there just as good as a low and slow cook.

Back