Rib-eye Cap Steaks for Dinner

Karl Quist

TVWBB Pro
My dear wife picked out some rib-eye cap steaks at Costco yesterday. I was legally obligated to cook them tonight for dinner. Cooked over Kingsford Pro on the Performer. I usually reverse sear these things, but lost my mind tonight and front seared them, then cooked up indirect to the right temp on the other side of the grill.

Served with some butter sauteed mushrooms and grilled asparagus. Deeeeelicious.

PXL_20230516_010351728.jpg

My dear wife picked out some rib-eye cap steaks at Costco yesterday. I was legally obligated to cook them tonight for dinner. Cooked over Kingsford Pro on the Performer. I usually reverse sear these things, but lost my mind tonight and front seared them, then cooked up indirect to the right temp on the other side of the grill.

Served with some butter sauteed mushrooms and grilled asparagus. Deeeeelicious.

View attachment 70652
We should recommend to @Chris Allingham that he contact Costco and have them sponsor the Photo Gallery as the Costco Photo Gallery since we’re all buying, cooking and sharing our Costco foods pics.

That upfront sear always makes for a great steak. Hopefully you liked it versus reverse searing.

Have you tried adding oak to your red meat cooks? Oak really takes that flavor profile up a notch, IMO.

Great looking dinner. Especially since I’m having Rice Krispies all this week 😂

That is a plate of goodness Karl. I like the Kingsford Pro for BBQ, but I'm not overly thrilled with it in a WSM. I believe that Costco has the dual bag of Kingsford Pro going on sale starting this weekend. $6 off their regularly low price

We should recommend to @Chris Allingham that he contact Costco and have them sponsor the Photo Gallery as the Costco Photo Gallery since we’re all buying, cooking and sharing our Costco foods pics.

That upfront sear always makes for a great steak. Hopefully you liked it versus reverse searing.

Have you tried adding oak to your red meat cooks? Oak really takes that flavor profile up a notch, IMO.

Great looking dinner. Especially since I’m having Rice Krispies all this week 😂

I was thinking similar things yesterday reading through all the Mother's Day cook threads; seems like ALOT of stuff is coming from Costco.'

I have tried the oak before, it's great. I'm currently out and need to get some more. Thanks for the kind words.

That is a plate of goodness Karl. I like the Kingsford Pro for BBQ, but I'm not overly thrilled with it in a WSM. I believe that Costco has the dual bag of Kingsford Pro going on sale starting this weekend. $6 off their regularly low price
Thank you, sir! I agree with your BBQ vs WSM assessment, although I do still use K-Pro in the WSM occasionally when I don't have anything else on hand. Call it opportunistic laziness. I circled the K-Pro in the upcoming Costco sale flyer/book thing. It's on the list. :cool:

Back