Replacement charcoal baskets suggestions?

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
Hello all,

While doing the T-giving turkey on the rotisserie, I noticed that both of my weber charcoal baskets have gotten pretty rusted, and are about ready for replacement.

I remember there used to be a guy who made these with grade 404 SS but seems like he's no longer in business?

So what suggestions do you have for getting good replacements?

Thanks.

I was gifted a set of the 304 SS baskets that I think Dave Santana was making. That was 2016!7D08D4CF-F191-4813-8F6A-611056EB668B.jpeg
It was a great addition to the toolbox! They have been in service at least twice a week almost every week since!
I thank my step son every time I use them! Buy good tools one time and take care of them, they will serve you well.

Forum member David Somerville was making SS baskets for a while, along with SS WSM cooking grates. I recall it was a huge pain in the butt dealing with Chinese manufacturers and Amazon as the seller. But they were good stuff. I've got his top and bottom ss grates for my 18.5" WSM and I'm sure they will outlast the cooker itself.

Forum member David Somerville was making SS baskets for a while, along with SS WSM cooking grates. I recall it was a huge pain in the butt dealing with Chinese manufacturers and Amazon as the seller. But they were good stuff. I've got his top and bottom ss grates for my 18.5" WSM and I'm sure they will outlast the cooker itself.
Thank you Chris, it was David Somerville! These things are incredible!

Back