Reheating Pulled Pork

Steve in IA

We have a graduation party tonight that we are serving pulled pork that was smoked and then frozen a week ago. It is now thawed in the refrigerator. What would be the best way to reheat this. We are considering using a roaster and adding chicken broth. Any suggestions?

If you have an immersion circulator (sous vide) I would use that. Before I had one I would put the frozen pork in ziploc bag, get as much air out as possible, and drop it in a pot of hot water on the stove top for 20 - 30 minutes.

Doubled Ziploc bags large vessel of simmering water, if you have a Sous vide unit that’s great but, a large pot of simmering water will do just fine. Just make sure to use a larger than you think necessary pot of water, you might be surprised when you displace the water with pork.
I say double because one bag could leak before you know it! Don’t ask.😉

You can just put it in a Reynolds oven bag..... And drop it in a pot of boiling water. But doing it in a Crock-Pot or another pot with chicken broth sounds good too for serving it for people. Or put it in a pan with the finishing liquid, covered with tin foil and pop it in the oven for an hour

For that matter you could put it in the oven bag, tie it up, and pop it in the microwave on low. When the bag starts to puff up it's warm

Back