Re: Rust-oleum High Heat Matte paint

Kevin in MA

Just sprayed my firebox with the Rust-oleum high temp matte. Is it me, or does the color look more dark charcoal grey than black? Maybe my eyes are off? IDK

Attachments

• IMG_2235.jpeg
    IMG_2235.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 19
I would like @Bruce to chime in as he has way more experience with that color. I would say that what you got is exacatly what you would expect. The matte is not a dark black as the satin sheen. Your paint job looks good to me!

Oh, and WELCOME to TVWBB! I hope we can help you with your restoration and any questions you have along the way. There's plenty of experience here and willingness to share with others.

Nice paint job there, it looks great! The difference in color will really stand out if you paint the end caps of your lid with hi heat ultra the way Bruce does. I think it looks fine that way but personally prefer those pieces to match.

Jon wants me to chime in knowing that I am technically color blind for real. I can tell shades however and yes, I agree, it is not a deep black. That is where the contrast with the Ultra comes in. You can top coat it with some Ultra if you desire, but I think it looks fine as is.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I appreciate you all.

Jon - after reading your reply I realized I probably should have gone back and posted from my original build thread I started months ago. Things have been slow going, not by choice tho. You guys have already helped me greatly thru feedback and searching old posts throughout this site.

LMichaels, Steve & Bruce - I guess I will accept that flat is where it’s at lol. The Ultra spray will definitely be used on the end caps tomorrow. I shot the upper frame with the ultra yesterday and that turned out great.

More pics soon thru my original thread on the “lonnnng awaited 91 genesis restoration”

Back