Re: Bugs while grilling

I have a fly problem if I let it get away from me. I just use common sense. First, look closely around your property and get rid of any standing water. It doesn’t take much water to host an important part of the mosquito life cycle. Second, pick up pet waste immediately.

I spray the back yard once a week, the morning after mowing, with Hot Shot Flying Insect Killer from Lowe’s. I have tried those fly trap bags that you add water and bait to. They do work, but they attract so many more flies. My pest control guy said don’t use them because they just attract all the flies from my neighbors’ yards.

Hi, just wondering, do you have trouble with mosquitoes/bugs when you grill? If so, how do you handle them? Thanks!!!

Big problem - they're always falling through the grate. I've found that getting them onto skewers, while tedious, solves that problem. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Usually, there's enough smoke in the air to keep a lot of them away, so I don't notice 'em too much.

I have a fly problem if I let it get away from me. I just use common sense. First, look closely around your property and get rid of any standing water. It doesn’t take much water to host an important part of the mosquito life cycle. Second, pick up pet waste immediately.

I spray the back yard once a week, the morning after mowing, with Hot Shot Flying Insect Killer from Lowe’s. I have tried those fly trap bags that you add water and bait to. They do work, but they attract so many more flies. My pest control guy said don’t use them because they just attract all the flies from my neighbors’ yards.
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

Mosquitoes are a very serious problem here in Fl. After all those years of having DDT sprayed all over our homes (and our children) I am afraid to trust anything any more. DH uses Deets and I am worried about that. Is there a safe, homemade spray that anyone uses or knows of.? We have a screened in pool/patio area and he does his grilling there, but the darn things still get in.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

Mosquitoes are a very serious problem here in Fl. After all those years of having DDT sprayed all over our homes (and our children) I am afraid to trust anything any more. DH uses Deets and I am worried about that. Is there a safe, homemade spray that anyone uses or knows of.? We have a screened in pool/patio area and he does his grilling there, but the darn things still get in.

There are certain plants you could keep around the porch that will help repel them. In addition, lemon or citrus oils.

Thank you everyone!!!!!

I got a lot of great ideas, now I feel much better.

Jim, thanks for the link and the reminder about Avon Skin So Soft. I was an "Avon Lady" many years ago. Shame on me for forgetting lol Wonder if they still sell the stuff?

Back