Questions on reassembly of Genesis

Cassel

I'm just finishing a minor rebuild on my Genesis Silver B 2004.
Scrapped out fire box, cleaned inside lid, replaced hex head fire box bolt with SS. Burners and igniter were in good shape after cleaning. Valves are a little sticky but still operate properly.
Replacing on reassembly:
Cast iron grates - second replacement in 17 years is all right by me
Flavorizer bars - rusted almost away - found a SS OEM set on clearance at local Ace for $17.50, hope they last as long.
Did I miss anything critical?
My hinge pins slipped right out and will only need to replace clips. Some rust was cleaned from the pins. Do they need lubrication?

Thanks for any advice.

Another question
Would it do any good or harm to put the porcelain Bottom tray through a self clean oven cycle?

I would give the hinge pins a very light coat of grease. I did that on mine. I would think the self clean cycle is ok. My only concerns about cleaning the tray in the oven are that if it did damage the tray, it's very difficult to find a replacement, and it will make your house stink.

Thanks for the ideas.
Is there any concern with Never Seize around food prep areas?
Good point on making the house stink. I'll have to wait for warmer weather so the house could be opened up to vent any fumes.
Actually found the Bottom tray (#99250) is available from several sources but a bit pricey $40-$55.

Back