Purchase advice needed

Jim McKelvey

TVWBB All-Star
Good morning everyone, looking for some advice. I hv an opportunity to get a new / unused Genesis II e-330 (2019) for $650 - Seller originally wanted $750 and I've got them down a bit. Fair price ?? Seller tells me it is propane, I'll hv to check, and copper lid - I don't really care about color, but just FYI. Appreciate anyone's thoughts...I've been looking for a while to replace my old Genesis. Thanks!

Ive seen them today at HD for $749 so about $800 with tax. I believe it was the base model. Saving about $150 looks like.

Regardless if you like the copper color or not, I think it is a special edition grill, probably only sold through one outlet.
If it is an unused grill and functions properly, I would say that is an OK deal.

Thanks everyone - I ended up passing, just did not have a good vibe about sale - a couple of things seemed off.

Do have a question that I can't seem to figure out...some of the Genesis grills have 9mm SS grates, some have 7mm SS grates and then the rest have the porcelain CI grates. What is the differentiation on the SS - why is one 9mm and one 7mm?

9mm are better and more expensive. It basically comes down to what you want and how much you want to spend. For most, the 7mm grates are fine, but if you are serious into grilling, the 9mm typically have smaller gaps between bars and hold heat much better.

Thanks Bruce - yeah - I def would prefer the 9MM. I was just trying to figure out why some Genesis come with 9mm standard and others do not. I think I decoded.
GII E- Porcelain CI
GII S - 7mm ss
GII SE - 9mm ss

Thanks!

Thanks Bruce - yeah - I def would prefer the 9MM. I was just trying to figure out why some Genesis come with 9mm standard and others do not. I think I decoded.
GII E- Porcelain CI
GII S - 7mm ss
GII SE - 9mm ss

Thanks!
I think big box stores can only sell the Exxx version of the grills and the full SS version Sxxx.

Smaller stores like Ace, True Value and specialty BBQ shops sell the SExxx. These are the ones with the Special Edition badges. The not only come with the SS grates, but also with SS flavor bars. Usually these stores have access to a variety of colors too for the lids/doors.

Back