Proud Neighbor

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I was getting out to get some fresh air and piddle,I mean do a couple chores. I saw my next door neighbor getting a grill hood out of his car. Being the helpful neighbor and local grill guy that I am,I went over to investigate,I mean,see what sort of goodies he had! Lo and behold,he had a brand new Weber E-310! His old Wally World ECB had kicked the bucket,so after much review,he went with the Weber.
We talked about properly preheating and cleaning his grill. The guy at Lowe's sold him a cleaning stone. We talked about that. I was concerned that it might wear away the porcelain coating on the cooking grates. He took it out of the package and started rubbing it on his hand. Stuff was flaking off in his hand! Needless to say,he's taking it back and buying a brush!

Phil,

Nice to see the word "piddle". Have not heard that is years. Thanks for helping the neighbor. Hope you told him about this site.

Ray

good story. I do the same w my neighbors... usually armed with two cold frosties. I guess that's how I end up getting myself into trouble so much.

don't lift the lid...

Back