Prime Veal Chops

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Went to my dad's yesterday. Stopped at the Thuringer Shop in Arlington Heights and discovered some prime grade veal chops. Knowing he rarely gets to enjoy veal I picked them up. Dressed them with some garlic I chopped up with kosher salt and oregano and some olive oil on the chops. Let them sit while grill got hot. Again, notice gorgeous marks, a nice overall sear. The meat had a very good crust but was not over done. Still very tender and juicy. Finished temps were right about 135. And no need to use insane heat. They were roasted start to finish with the old Genesis set on med for outside burners (front and rear) and low in center.
20210901_181329.jpg20210901_182418.jpg

Larry,
I don't know how I missed this one, but great cook, they look beautiful. I bet dad like them. I am glad you had to come down off your soap box once you were done cooking to eat those great looking chops!

Didn't have to come down LOL Anyway he did enjoy them immensely. We really did have a nice meal.

Put me in the missed box lol, I don't often see veal these days, not very many real butcher shops around these days, have been in some great ones over the years in other states that cut/made lots of sausages steak/roasts . I bet those were fork tender. Thanks for sharing the great food **** .

Oh yeah very tender. Veal is funny though. so mild. It begs for additional flavors but still imparts something of it's own like "beef lite" LOL.

Looks great. Can't remember the last time I had veal-or saw it in the stores. Veal parmesan doesn't really count as it could be anything under that cheese and sauce.

I love veal, I don’t have it often but veal Marsala is a favorite. I used to go to a place outside Milwaukee (Alioto’s on Bluemound) where they did a “Veal Porterhouse” that was delightful!
I have not thought about that place in twenty years!
I need to do some veal this week.

Veal parmesan doesn't really count as it could be anything under that cheese and sauce.
Yeah, most "so called" Italian restaurants (Olive Garden, or anyone from Rockford IL may recall Lino's, etc) typically will sub in pork or chicken as they sauce it so heavily no one would know. True Italian food is not sauced that heavily anyway

Back