Price check - red head platinum

$150 - seller said guts are in good working order. Little rust on the lower section of the frame near the bottom tray.

Overpriced just to get a red head? I wouldn’t consider if it wasn’t for the platinum...I have a green platinum and am looking for a working 2nd grill so I can rehab main grill.

Attachments

• 7F784D4C-43EA-4A96-A310-DA49BFC4AA77.png
    7F784D4C-43EA-4A96-A310-DA49BFC4AA77.png
    557 KB · Views: 27
For that model at that price I would want to take a close look at these components since they are not readily available:

Check the lid carefully for fading.
Check the firebox for holes, warps, corrosion and the mounts for the drip pan should not be rotten.
Make sure the valves function, turn easily and the manifold is not rotted
The big drip pan should be in good shape and free of rot. They don't make them anymore.

Half of the lower shelf is missing in the picture.

The frame can be dealt with in most cases

Seems a little high, but if it passes most of the tests BPratt recommended above and it is just for you to keep, I could definitely see it.

Yah, unless you really liked the lid or the smaller size of the platinum, I think this second one is a better deal for sure.

I am thinking that is real wood on that grill but it looks like it might have the slider for the swing table support on the left which is nice.

Weberitis is real...came across a similar but what looks to be slightly older 1000 NG for $40 as well. I saw a similar rehab recently on here and the black lid with fresh cedar blanks is pretty amazing...of course I would keep the red head and do both...

Would the conversion to propane be a simple manifold switch here?

CEF0B2CD-96C4-49A0-ADF9-ACF671DA1D7D.png

Yes and Chris another shout out on this. Could there be a sticky labeled Gas Conversions or something to that effect. Because either search function does not work that well or people don't use it

Larry, I just wonder how many people make the NG to LP manifold swap and then step back and go "how the heck does this hook up to the tank".

That is a scary thought but I guess given what I have been seeing in society lately probably very valid. :(

LOL, Yah, I am sure it happens, but I think they soon come to the realization that the old NG hose won't do the trick any longer and soon find out they need an LP hose and connector.

Perfect, two grills it is....I have searched conversion before and remembered reading about the manifold switch. Wasn’t sure if the year/model had any impact to that. Thanks again for all your help fellas....time to delete FB app so I stop scrolling marketplace for Weber grills every 30 minutes 😂

Back