Prep table for outdoor cooking area

PCMancini

TVWBB Member
Hi all, just got my very first WSM - an 18.5 beauty that I fired up this past weekend. I really am in need of a prep/equip table for my outdoor cooking area (I also have a Weber gas grill in proximity.) I am thinking something like this:
I think it has to be all metal as I will be leaving it outside most of the year. I also want it to be very sturdy and the "Camp Tables" I have seen are somewhat flimsy.

Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated.
Thanks!

Paul

Bruce

TVWBB Olympian
That table you have linked to looks like a great choice. Hard to beat 304 stainless construction.

A lot of people have taken the cook box and other parts off of Genesis gas grill frames and converted them into work tables for their grilling areas.

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB All-Star
Seems like a pretty good price for a SS table. I'd want something with wheels. One thing I noticed it has plastic feet. Good for a wood deck, but if you are moving it around a lot on concrete not sure how well the plastic would hold up.

I like Bruce's idea. Pickup a free beat up gas weber grill. Remove firebox and lid and use some wood to make a unique work space.

PCMancini

TVWBB Member
Found a less expensive one (different stainless) on same site with Free Shipping.
Kyle you are correct, it does not have wheels and I would be using it on a concrete patio. But I do not plan on dragging it although some wear is inevitable. Plus, a set of wheels are available so I could get those later if/when the feet start to degrade.

Thanks for the advise guys,
Paul

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I built an “ice table” with some leftover pieces of exterior plywood, some PVC trim material sprayed it with “Flex-Seal” paint and put a hose fitting for drainage, I use to as a “cold area for parties and in the winter it lives in the back room covered with plants any over runs of water just discolor it a little and some soap and water takes care of it well enough.
I keep seeing the “sink tables” from Cabela’s and would get one but, I really can’t think of where I’d store it!
Right now, I have the space between the two kettles then behind you (facing the kettles) I have a brick shelf that is a good working height for me. It works pretty well for buffet style serving. I try to set up the ice table under my EZ up, (I have a lot of birds around here) so it’s shaded and protected, when the party is over, let the table drain, dry in the sun and put it away!