Prep/serve cart question…

SSmith

TVWBB Fan
So I am adding a prep cart for the new Summit E6 (will be delivered tomorrow!). I would like some type of ‘covered’ (drawers/door) prep/serve storage cart and I saw this one from Blackstone. Its called the Original Prep/Serve and store cart. Was at Walmart (for order) for $247.00. Anyone use this or seen this in person? It would seem to meet my needs.

https://blackstoneproducts.com/coll...ts/prep-serve-and-store-cart-griddle-original

Yeah, that one I have looked at and loaded in my cart….but, no storage. It’s still possible.

Exactly…enclosed storage is the way to go. I’m spoiled by my challenger BGE table. Plus the deck looks cleaner will all the accessories tucked away and organized.

That looks like the door is oriented like an oven door, and opens down? I kind of like it, at 259 ish, not frighteningly expensive either.

Here is a good descriptive overview of the cart. Both drawers pullout. Other than the ‘Blackstone’ orange labeling, (could put it on to the rear), it seems to look like a good option. Plus, I was wanting to add a small Blackstone to the arsenal anyway. 22” would seem to fit the bill, I just wonder if it would fit in the middle open cubby. I would NOT want to leave it on top of the prep station, that would negate the usable area of my prep cart requirements.

So I am adding a prep cart for the new Summit E6 (will be delivered tomorrow!). I would like some type of ‘covered’ (drawers/door) prep/serve storage cart and I saw this one from Blackstone. Its called the Original Prep/Serve and store cart. Was at Walmart (for order) for $247.00. Anyone use this or seen this in person? It would seem to meet my needs.

https://blackstoneproducts.com/coll...ts/prep-serve-and-store-cart-griddle-original
That is one heck of a nice cart! It would look great next to the new E6. (y)

A couple years ago I was sitting in my garage drinking beer thinking about how sweet it would be to have a prep table. For some reason I had an abundance of scrap wood a cooler and more beer and came up with this. The table is awesome BUT if I were to build another I might think about using lighter materials the thing super heavy.

Attachments

• scrap.jpg
    scrap.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 41
  • scrap1.jpg
    scrap1.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
A couple years ago I was sitting in my garage drinking beer thinking about how sweet it would be to have a prep table. I for some reason I had an abundance of scrap wood a cooler and more beer and came up with this. The table is awesome BUT if I were to build another I might think about using lighter materials the thing super heavy.
That is not a prep cart. It's a work bench, and you need some wheels on that😉

A couple years ago I was sitting in my garage drinking beer thinking about how sweet it would be to have a prep table. I for some reason I had an abundance of scrap wood a cooler and more beer and came up with this. The table is awesome BUT if I were to build another I might think about using lighter materials the thing super heavy.
Awww, come on, the “Macho man” would have broken that over Brett Hart!😉🤣

I have this one from Sam's Club and it's been excellent. No drawers, but has doors to keep my stuff dry.

Does the bottom sag with weight in it? Charcoal, etc? I have a Rubbermaid deck box I use for hot tub chemicals and towels, etc and it sags on the middle shelf. Don’t like that.

Does the bottom sag with weight in it? Charcoal, etc? I have a Rubbermaid deck box I use for hot tub chemicals and towels, etc and it sags on the middle shelf. Don’t like that.
Mine doesn't sag at all. I keep a couple bags of charcoal in the cabinet and stuff like my chimney, wood chunks, etc... down there. It's held up to the rain and weather very well. I'm in GA so not much snow at all, but it's been baking in the sun all summer and still hasn't faded or shown signs or wear.

Back