Pork Spare Rib Question

I am doing some spare ribs on the 26 today for dinner this evening (4th of July block party 10-15 minutes away).

My question is...once cooked, should I cut the racks ahead of time or leave them whole and cut them when I arrive (I will have access to a kitchen).

Either way I am taking them in a large foil pan. Just curious if there are advantages/disadvantages to cutting ahead of time?

The advantage to cutting them before you arrive at the party, is that you get first choice :)

I'd cut 'em at home just before you were leaving (like a half an hour is ok). That way, one or three may be missed when putting in your carrying basket ;)

I try not to cut until just before eating. How many times have you eaten dry BBQ at a restaurant or cookout because people slice up the meat hours before and just sits there. My guess is quite a few.

Yeah...

I was going to cut on-site, but opted to cut 20 minutes before eating (right when we left). With a 2 year old and a newborn, part of me is glad I cut ahead of time. They were good. Not as good as when I initially cut, but the 3-2-1 ribs passed the tasty test with everyone! "Stupid good," "Fire," and "Ridiculous" were comments from when I initially arrived. People that ate later didn't say much as to the quality, but they ate them nonetheless. Can't do much about that though.

Next time...I'll try to cut on-site...whether my turf or someone else's.

Back