Pork n Beans smoked in a Cast Iron Skillet??

Matthew

TVWBB Pro
Is this possible... Will it hurt anything?

I wanna smoke some beans with cut up Rib Tips... I have a aluminum foil container, but also have a small cast iron skillet.. Just dont wanna ruin anything especially the pan or food.

Won't hurt a thing. I have cooked beans over coals in a CI dutch oven and have used aluminum pans on the grill to cook beans. I like using a loaf pan to do beans now.

You will be alright...use the CI.

You don't need liquid smoke if your going to use your smoker to do your pork beans. :wsm:

I'm guessing leave uncovered and try to get some fat dripping from the ribs? Do the ribs drip lots of fat. Usually have water pan.

I'm guessing leave uncovered and try to get some fat dripping from the ribs? Do the ribs drip lots of fat. Usually have water pan.

Yes! I don't see that the water pan will make much difference one way or the other. Put your beans on the lower rack and ribs, butt, ham, whatever on the top so the drippings will go in the beans. We've won a few bean contests that way :)

I usually use a CI dutch oven for my beans. Just throw it under whatever meat I'm smoking (usually pork shoulders or ribs) for the last few hours of the cook. Every now and then, depending on the nature of my cook, I'll smoke the beans separately.... but that's usually so I can time the resting & pulling of my pork shoulders with the taking the beans off of the smoker for meal time.

Before

After

I used the baked beans from the mother site, and sat under the ribs as they got happy, making the beans drunken in HAPPY....

Back