porco al Trapo !!

Enrico Brandizzi

TVWBB Honor Circle
I tasted once the Lomo al trapo wiche makes me entusiastic about it.
I was really surprised by how many flavour were developped by this kind of cook.
But I know that this meat is (to me) weak of flavour so I imagined to infuse some using the TRAPO.

This is the story.

IMG_8662 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_8664 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_8673 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_8675 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_8683 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_8685 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_8692 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_8699 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_8701 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_8711 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

follow.....

Looks fantastic! Maybe I'm missing something but, did that cook 12 hours? Technique does not look particularly difficult, good butcher knot practice. I want to try that one!
So, it's soak the towel in stock, make a bed of salt and rosemary roll up the pork in the towel, tie and roast until the towel has pretty much given its life to the fire. Is that close?

I have to tell you Enrico, you never cease to amaze. Fantastic!!!

29233509561_f31dbb1a92_c.jpg

Enrico all I can say is you nailed this one. That looks delicious. Thanks for sharing this great idea.

Enrico, it looked like you moistened your towel with chicken stock then laid the salt and rosemary out, placed the pork and finally rolled and tied. Am I right? Your end product looks like the fire had burned through the towel and made a lovely browned crispy crust. I hope to all get out that mine turns out half that pretty.
I just watched the Raichlen video, I think yours looks better!

it looked like you moistened your towel with chicken stock then laid the salt and rosemary out, placed the pork and finally rolled and tied
many use beer or red wine to soak the towel, then squeeze out the excess....

Wow Enrico - that is over the top! The meat looks very juicy. Did you rinse it after or what? Was it salty? Looks like my wife is going to be missing a few dish towels soon...

Regards,

John

Enrico, it looked like you moistened your towel with chicken stock then laid the salt and rosemary out, placed the pork and finally rolled and tied. Am I right? Your end product looks like the fire had burned through the towel and made a lovely browned crispy crust. I hope to all get out that mine turns out half that pretty.
I just watched the Raichlen video, I think yours looks better!

Timothy,
Not beef stock, but apple juice !!!
About layers you are totally right.
Let it seat into the fridge till the charcoal was ready. Then into the kettle.

Wow Enrico - that is over the top! The meat looks very juicy. Did you rinse it after or what? Was it salty? Looks like my wife is going to be missing a few dish towels soon...

Regards,

John

No John. I didn't rinse the meat, just scraped and used a "hard" brush too.
Not really too salty if you brush .

Back