Polder Dual Sensor Thermometer experience???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keri,

Thus far, the reports on this model are not too promising.

Click "search" at the top of this page and search on the phrase "polder dual". You'll read several negative experiences.

Sorry,
Chris

I have no firsthand experiences with it, but have been looking around online for a similar thermometer. Neither Polder, Taylor, or Pyrex have favorable reviews. I don't see any good options for a thermometer that can be left in the meat or cook chamber, and give a remote reading. /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

I DO have two Polders with which I have been quite happy so far - the basic white one with the clock that stays on all the time, and the silver programmable one that you can turn off. I've had great luck with both of them, both with dangling into the top of the WSM and with leaving them in my meats on the WSM. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I HAVE been careful with them.

It was just the dual approach with the single unit that intrigued me. Ah well... guess my little WSM'll just have to continue looking like a little Frankenstein, what with all the probes and thermometers I hang off of her. <grin>

Keri C
Smokin on Tulsa Time
(who's not ashamed to say that she still depends on thermometers quite a bit.)

frankensmoker.jpg

OH my stars and garters! I hadn't seen Bill's picture - thank you! I don't know how I managed to miss that thread. I'm certainly glad that I'm not the only obsessive one! <ROFLMAO>

Keri C
Smokin on Tulsa Time
(who's heading for the local restaurant supply store at lunch today to check out some Taylor electronic digital thermometers...just to have on hand... just in case...)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Keri Cathey:
[qb] OH my stars and garters! I hadn't seen Bill's picture - thank you! I don't know how I managed to miss that thread. I'm certainly glad that I'm not the only obsessive one! <ROFLMAO>

Keri C
Smokin on Tulsa Time
(who's heading for the local restaurant supply store at lunch today to check out some Taylor electronic digital thermometers...just to have on hand... just in case...) [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Way to go Keri! Add 2-4 more of em and I'll make you an honorary member of the School of Thermometeorology! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Actually, I've finally just about gotten to the point of using only about 2 -3 now. It's certainly true that the more you cook on the WSM, the easier it becomes to tell when stuff is done. Since I started using sand only, I agree, its really just like popping something in the oven. Have fun!

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back