Poke Chops

C Lewis

Closed Account
Started out as a good day, took my son out for his first fly fishing on the river. Just going after some bream for now to get him started. He ended up catching several nice ones, and on flies that he tied himself last night. (y)

Decided that it would be a good grill night, (like any other night).
Did up some 1"+ pork chops on the Smokefire. I have done these multiple times on the Performer, but wanted to get the SF going today.

Thick bone-in pork chops, trimmed to 1/8 fat on edges, and lightly coated with olive oil and Traeger Prime Rib Rub. This is my go-to rub for tritip, but I wanted to give it a shot on pork chops as well. EX6 at 400F, GrillGrates on the bottom, chops on a pan and rack on top right. As Lynyrd Skynyrd would have said, Nuthin' Fancy.

20220617_173240.jpg

Also had some potatoes going in a cast iron pan, olive oil, onions, thyme, garlic, etc. Ran the chops to about 125 internal, then transferred to the GrillGrates for 2 minutes each side for searing, potatoes going the whole time on the lower left grate.

20220617_182632.jpg

Got them up to 150 internal and potatoes tender, about an hour total.

20220617_183125.jpg

Added some cheddar and parmesan cheese, let it melt, and potatoes were done.

20220617_183350.jpg

Sorry, no plated pics, because well, once plated, I was focused on eating, not taking pics :)

Pork chops were awesome, very tender and juicy, with a hint of smoke. Potatoes were good as always. Forgot that I had some corn on the cob that I had planned on putting on, I guess I will just have to grill again this weekend to get them done too. ;)

Hope you enjoyed the virtual dinner. Everything came out great, another great Smokefire meal, and it wrapped up a really good family day.

Thanks for checking it out.

Charlie

Last edited:
Started out as a good day, took my son out for his first fly fishing on the river. Just going after some bream for now to get him started. He ended up catching several nice ones, and on flies that he tied himself last night. (y)

Decided that it would be a good grill night, (like any other night).
Did up some 1"+ pork chops on the Smokefire. I have done these multiple times on the Performer, but wanted to get the SF going today.

Thick bone-in pork chops, trimmed to 1/8 fat on edges, and lightly coated with olive oil and Traeger Prime Rib Rub. This is my go-to rub for tritip, but I wanted to give it a shot on pork chops as well. EX6 at 400F, GrillGrates on the bottom, chops on a pan and rack on top right. As Lynyrd Skynyrd would have said, Nuthin' Fancy.

View attachment 53164

Also had some potatoes going in a cast iron pan, olive oil, onions, thyme, garlic, etc. Ran the chops to about 125 internal, then transferred to the GrillGrates for 2 minutes each side for searing, potatoes going the whole time on the lower left grate.

View attachment 53165

Got them up to 150 internal and potatoes tender, about an hour total.

View attachment 53166

Added some cheddar and parmesan cheese, let it melt, and potatoes were done.

View attachment 53168

Sorry, no plated pics, because well, once plated, I was focused on eating, not taking pics :)

Pork chops were awesome, very tender and juicy, with a hint of smoke. Potatoes were good as always. Forgot that I had some corn on the cob that I had planned on putting on, I guess I will just have to grill again this weekend to get them done too. ;)

Hope you enjoyed the virtual dinner. Everything came out great, another great Smokefire meal, and it wrapped up a really good family day.

Thanks for checking it out.

Charlie
Good lookin' chops! I love potatoes, especially in the cast iron, and especially with some cheddar :love:

Back