Please treat members with kindness and respect

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gas Forum members,

Yesterday I had a chance to email with the recent new member who requested that his account be deleted on Thursday. Long story short, he came here to learn and share knowledge but left feeling he had been disrespected and treated rudely by several members. Looking back at the discussion thread, I agree that he was not treated with the respect and kindness I expect from all members.

So a gentle reminder...we're trying to attract new members, not drive them away. We all have good and bad days, good and bad moods, especially during these difficult times. Yesterday may have been one of those days for some of us. If you're feeling frustrated, put the keyboard down and come back in an hour, you'll probably be in a better frame of mind after a break.

Please be patient with one another. Don't jump to conclusions, make judgments and accusations, or criticize too quickly. Give people the benefit of the doubt, especially new members. Please go out of your way to make people feel welcome.

Thank you. I appreciate your cooperation.

Chris

Great advice Chris, not only for this forum but for our daily lives. Some of the other BBQ forums that I have visited can seem very mean-spirited at times and I am glad that this site does not go down that road. I have learned so much from individuals that post here. Thanks for what you do.

Chris I'll politely disagree. Sometimes there are spirited discussions here but in my opinion they are never mean spirited including the one in question.

But it is your forum Chris so I'll do my best to comply.

Back