Pizza šŸ• on Performerā€¦all the way!

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
So a quick disclaimerā€¦I had a great pizza making partner last night. I basically made the drinks and managed the fire šŸ”„! Iā€™ve been pretty obsessed with getting my temps up for pizza. Iā€™ve been scouring this site (Thanks Rich G) and YouTube! Last night it all came together!
This is the Italian flour that made the dough!
2216C967-7FF7-442F-B03F-9F9F3D40E7D1.jpeg

Keeping with the Italian theme here is a bourbon, aperol, and disaronno cocktail! AC757259-38DA-4B2D-803D-C17E907ED19D.jpegReally focused on getting some major heat so did a layer of unlit KF coals in a ā€œcā€ pattern and then added a full chimney of lit.6535BC92-3B46-45EE-82F1-6637E269283D.jpegOnce I had the coals banked and ready I put on the grate upside down so I could place three big apple chunks in it to really drive up the temps8FCF8E4A-9853-45E9-99EB-C6495370FC7E.jpeg759D5618-1C15-41F2-B3AC-52EB694FA578.jpegTemps wereā€¦.very high? I was very happy! Stone got nice and hot and it was time for pizza! I put a brick under my stone to elevate it D056C1CD-E1F0-4008-9738-899E8AF88B6D.jpegE6D215AA-795A-441A-BD5B-A76EE5B80B5B.jpeg6DDC3E9C-CFF2-4298-96F2-CADFB3B0A148.jpegI rotated the pizzas on the stone every minute or two to get an even cook. They were on about 7-8 minutes. Had some fresh tomatoes and of course some Italian vino šŸ·1C18E9E6-5434-4B08-9BBA-A71F70F7A7E3.jpeg86DAC448-53A6-4CEE-90F2-E39ADDD32E6A.jpegFluffy crust with a nice crisp and so flavorful!
Saluti! šŸ»

WOWZA, I am I total agreement with Randy! That is truly a higher degree of elegance! The setting, the cocktails, the pizza, the fire management. Itā€™s all great looking! I might finally get off the bench and set up the ā€œPizzaqueā€œ out and make a first run after them sitting in my garage for five years!!
Grand slam out of the freaking biggest ballpark! Good for you Richard, where are you located? Great setting!

WOWZA, I am I total agreement with Randy! That is truly a higher degree of elegance! The setting, the cocktails, the pizza, the fire management. Itā€™s all great looking! I might finally get off the bench and set up the ā€œPizzaqueā€œ out and make a first run after them sitting in my garage for five years!!
Grand slam out of the freaking biggest ballpark! Good for you Richard, where are you located? Great setting!
Thanks Timothy! Yeahā€¦pizza is a blast! Iā€™m in Southern Oregon.

Richard those pizzas look amazing. Great team effort to get out a Friday night meal. I got 8 balls of dough waiting to get cooked on the kettle tonight. I follow a similar method to get the heat up and to raise my stone. Tonight with be the 6 pizza cook of the summer. When I started this pizza making journey I thought ok maybe I will need to add an onni, but after each kettle cook my takeaway is that an onni is not a needed addition. Your pies prove that point to me also.

That is unbelievable, Richard. Wow. I have that exact flour ready to go for tomorrow. What were your toppings and cheeses?

Iā€™m loving the pictures of your setup too. I see what looks like a huge rosemary bush positioned perfectly for harvest. We had two similar bushes until the Feb. ā€˜21 snowvid storm here in San Antonio froze them both. Trying to grow new ones with slow growth progress so far.

Have you tried placing rosemary branches beneath the pizzas and cooking its flavor in the crust? Itā€™s pretty tasty!

Back