Picked up a Genesis Gold C SS today

Andrew F

TVWBB Super Fan
I have joined the dark side. I have my first full sized gas grill. Sigh. Lol. Got a really good deal on it. It needs a few parts ( center burner tube is just one long slot instead of holes ) and the frame by left hand mount area is rusted through. But both of those should be a pretty easy fix. I have the burners on order and now I just need to get some square tube steel in the right size. Pictures to follow. I should probably order up some stainless hardware as well.

"Beauty" shot. Needs a power washing, but everything works - except the thermometer.
IMG-1822.jpg

Middle burner with custom "power ribbon" slot. This is going to be replaced. I'm hoping to "burn off" the rust on the flavorizer bars.
IMG-1825.jpg

This is the left side mounting spot rust. I hope to cut this out and replace the whole piece. I'd like to go aluminum, but that is above my welding skills and gear.
IMG-1823.jpg

Some rust on the inside of the lid. I'm not sure what to do about this and I'm open to suggestions. The warming rack is being repalced, I'm questioning what to do around the holes.
IMG-1824.jpg

Here is the full crew. Although only half of them have their blankets on. The Q is actually running.
IMG-1827.jpg

Hmmm.

Two gas grills, two coal burners.

Add one more and you'll have a full house.

What will it be?
Hopefully an offset stick burner. My only complaint with the WSM is inability to do full racks of ribs with out cutting them or rolling them and then cooking on their sides.

That's a solid candidate for restoration. That hood interior is pretty tough to do anything about. Some people just cut out that inner liner. You may get some bluing on your stainless since it will get exposed to more heat. Everything else looks like just parts and some hard work and soon you will have a really sharp classic Weber Genesis. Keep us posted with progress pictures!

That's a solid candidate for restoration. That hood interior is pretty tough to do anything about. Some people just cut out that inner liner. You may get some bluing on your stainless since it will get exposed to more heat. Everything else looks like just parts and some hard work and soon you will have a really sharp classic Weber Genesis. Keep us posted with progress pictures!
That is just a liner? Nice.

Back