Picanha

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
A couple of months ago (ugh, I've been slacking) I grilled my second picanha of 2020 over briquettes and a little bit of oak.

Picanha20201114_1.jpg

Picanha20201114_2.jpg

Lately I've been adding dried oregano to the S&P I usually use with beef. The flavor's noticeable but not overpowering.

Picanha20201114_3.jpg

Those slashes in the fat cap sure do make for a pretty picture!

Picanha20201114_5.jpg

The rest of it's not too bad, either.;)

Picanha20201114_6.jpg

I love this cut of meat, Brad, and yours was cooked beautifully!! Interesting addition with the oregano. I've only ever cooked this cut (once) with just quality sea salt a la Churrasco style.I was at Restaurant Depot the other day, and found that they have CAB Picanha in a four pack. I picked up 12lbs, prepped half for grilling on skewers then froze, and the other half was ground for burgers. I'm pretty happy to have found a reliable and cost effective source for some quality Picahnha.

Now, what is up with taking months to post up pictures?!? :)

R

So why wasn’t I invited?
That’s some fine looking meat there!
Still can’t find it here. I can find the same cut, just not with the fat cap on it just hasn’t caught on. I can get tri tip though all day long!

Uhhh...time zone difference. You would've been eating 2 hours earlier than normal and I would've felt terrible about upsetting your system. Yeah, that's it. ;)

Meet me in Laramie sometime and I'll swap you a picanha for a tri-tip. And since it's an extra 25 miles for you the first beer's on me.;)

Back