1 lb. Phillips Jumbo Lump Crab Meat

1 tsp. parsley

1 tsp. fresh lemon juice

1 large egg, beaten

1 tsp. Phillips Seafood Seasoning

1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce

3 oz. mayonnaise

1 tsp. melted butter

4 ramekins for baking (or empty natural crab shells)

pinch of paprika

Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
PREPARATION:

1. Prepare imperial sauce: Combine imperial sauce ingredients (mayonnaise, half and half, Phillips Seafood Seasoning, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce) in a mixing bowl. Whip until smooth. Reserve.

2. Prepare crab imperials: Combine parsley, lemon juice, egg, Phillips Seafood Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise and melted butter in a medium mixing bowl and whip until smooth. Pour mixture over top of crab meat. Blend all ingredients together by tossing gently to avoid breaking lumps of crab meat.

3. Place 4 oz. of the mix into each ramekin and bake at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes.

4. Top each ramekin of baked crab imperial with reserved imperial sauce and a pinch of paprika. If desired, sprinkle tops with shredded Cheddar cheese. Broil until golden brown.

YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS

I just used whatever brand lump crab and made it in a cassarole dish. If making it in one dish you'll need to ad about 5-8 min to the cook time. I topped mine with the sauce then about a cup of Cabot Cheddar and broiled till light brown. This was tonights dinner and was off the hook. Will be making this again soon and often.
icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: I used Old Bay because it's what I had on hand.

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
Interesting, I'm going to have to try this. It's similar (but different) to the seafood dynamite I make and get at sushi bars. Thanks Bryan.

Ray Crick

TVWBB Emerald Member
Bryan,

Thanks a million. Did you get this from Phillips?

I used to eat at Phillips in Ocean City, MD (in the sixties) and their Crab Imperial was fantastic. I hope this is the same recipe.

Ray

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
Bryan,

Thanks a million. Did you get this from Phillips?

I used to eat at Phillips in Ocean City, MD (in the sixties) and their Crab Imperial was fantastic. I hope this is the same recipe.

Ray

"queing and teeing in NC
Yes Ray from the Phillips web site. I have eaten at Phillips many times and always get the crab imperial. It's the same recipe. Enjoy

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
Originally posted by Ray Crick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's the same recipe. Enjoy
Thanks Bryan! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Your welcome. Please post if you make this, IMO it's pretty hard to beat. Ray Buddy here's more for you.
icon_smile.gif

Ray Crick

TVWBB Emerald Member
here's more for you.
Thanks so much Bryan. I noticed that your recipe has 6 tbs mayo for the sauce and the web site shows 3 tbs. Have you found that more mayo is that much better?

Can't wait to try this recipe when I get home (now in Hilton Head on vacation).

Ray

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
Originally posted by Ray Crick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">here's more for you.
Thanks so much Bryan. I noticed that your recipe has 6 tbs mayo for the sauce and the web site shows 3 tbs. Have you found that more mayo is that much better?

Can't wait to try this recipe when I get home (now in Hilton Head on vacation).

Ray </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ray, Something's fishy here.
icon_biggrin.gif
That recipe was copied and pasted as is.
icon_confused.gif
Yeah that link goes to a slightly different recipe of crab imperial. I dug up the link from my history to the recipe I posted. IMO you can cut the mayo back to 3-4 TBS for the sauce. The 6 TBS might be a bit much for some. I love mayo but I think i'll cut it back to 4 TBS the next time.
Here's the link for the one I posted. You can see the layout is different as the sauce is listed first verses the imperial on the other link. Duno?

Ray Crick

TVWBB Emerald Member
Ray, Something's fishy here.
LOL - a very appropriate remark for a seafood recipe.

Wonder why they have such a difference? Heh - I'm glad I noticed the difference - probably because I am all laid back on vacation here ar Hilton Head.

Ray

Mike L.

The answer to the mayo mystery is easy. The recipe on the Phillips web site calls for 3 ounces of mayo. Since 1 Tablespoon equals 1/2 ounce, 3 ounces equals 6 Tablespoons. This means both recipes are the same.

dwayne e

TVWBB Super Fan
I'm so glad I looked here....going crabbing this weekend and I was going to research a good recipe for Crab Imperial.

I ate there often when I was a kid and LOVED their crab imperial.

Thanks!

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
Ate at Phillips on Friday in the Harrisburg Airport. Wish I would have seen this thread (again) before I left I would have ordered it
icon_frown.gif