Pellet grill excitement

Tony-Chicago

TVWBB Wizard
Notice a minor slowdown in traffic to this forum. Everyone must be enjoying the excellent smoked meat Weber is putting out.
Last weeks cook got a "this is great, wonder if we could get more bbq flavor". GF is actually interested in bbq flavor. May be looking for an end of year deal. Course there have not been a lot on display everywhere.
What is the present state of sales anywhere.

Notice a minor slowdown in traffic to this forum.
We had a build-up approaching July 4, then a dip around July 12, but now our post count is higher than pre-July 4. Normally activity begins to drop as we get into heavy August vacation time and back to school in September, but given the unusual nature of this year we'll have to see what happens.

Weber has done a nice job getting the SF ready to go full time. It’s just hard to find time to get a bunch of cooks in, especially when trying to eat healthy.
I’m throwing a couple beer can chickens on The SF Saturday, I’ll post a bunch of pics.

YT channel Trendkill, has gone back to his SF. Says Weber " reached out to him " ..... he explains it here

I enjoy TrendKill and I’m glad he got another SF. The guy can flat out cook.
He did mention possibly a new motor that is in his, I hate that Weber doesn’t make sure we all have the latest and best parts.

He did mention possibly a new motor that is in his, I hate that Weber doesn’t make sure we all have the latest and best parts.
I wonder if Weber and BBM have made up after he returned his SF.

If so, it would probably take him and hour and half to explain it in a video :ROFLMAO: . Seriously, he does care very much about grilling and grills. I do hope he and Weber can make amends. I think being part of that fall "dog and pony show" was hurtful to him when it turned out there were a lot of teething pains for the SmokeFire that Weber didn't admit at the time.

I never really cared for old BBM, very dramatic guy and didn’t like when he threw those unseasoned steaks on the SF like it was a waste of time. They ended up coming out pretty damn good.
I think it shows a lot of character that TK is giving the SF and another chance.

BBM posted a vid the other day, of a brisket cook on a Weber Ranch. First time I've seen him use a Weber product since SF.

But with his new affiliation with SnS , I bet he will be pumping their new kettle.

And he's thrown his Masterbuilt Gravity Feed under the bus , if not in the junk pile.

wonder if Weber and BBM have made up after he returned his SF.
Of course they made up. Weber sent him a new grill.😉

I really need to pick up a 36 or similar by year's end. GF says I need to get more bbq flavor into my cooks. The sf looks to be pumping out tasty smoked bbq. Only worry is the ember issue.

I really need to pick up a 36 or similar by year's end. GF says I need to get more bbq flavor into my cooks. The sf looks to be pumping out tasty smoked bbq. Only worry is the ember issue.
Check out the Q & A on the Facebook group Weber Smokefire Woodfired Pellet Grill:Owners Group. I’m on the group and although it’s a work in progress there’s a lot of good stuff. Like TVWB it’s not a Weber puppet.

Last edited:
Check out the Q & A on the Facebook group Weber Smokefire Woodfired Pellet Grill:Owners Group. I’m on the group and although it’s a work in progress there’s a lot of good stuff. Like TVWB it’s not a Weber puppet.
Thanks, Lew. Just joined.

Weber has done a nice job getting the SF ready to go full time. It’s just hard to find time to get a bunch of cooks in, especially when trying to eat healthy.
I’m throwing a couple beer can chickens on The SF Saturday, I’ll post a bunch of pics.
Bruno, would they by any chance be the recipe I posted from Weber's Big Book of Grilling?

Bruno, would they by any chance be the recipe I posted from Weber's Big Book of Grilling?
I wish, I bought them from my butcher and had him use his mesquite marinade, then I used Oakridge Chile lime and secret weapon rub. I know you prefer home made rubs and recipes, sorry.
when I retire I will definitely try my own thing, it’s just real busy right now.

Back