Peachy Pork Ribs

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
I was reading on another site about how ribs or pork butt prepped with Peach Preserves are so guud.
So I thought I would give these spares a shot.
Usually I don't like to put sweet stuff on pork. We prefer to try to blend the meat flavor with the wood smoke.
Anyway gonna try something different. Here we go,
I smoked the ribs for a hour & half with peach wood from Fruita Woods.
Then added the Smuckers Peach Preserves to the ribs.
NdEKjcb.jpg

4OjmLpY.jpg

Jr0rhQV.jpg

A couple hours later beautiful color, looking guud. 235 range
My little helper getting her ribs on. She loves BBQ
iKLJ4H9.jpg

WFjHNq0.jpg

Ribs with final glaze. BBQ sauce mixed with 2TBSP preserves.
The recipe says to use 8 more OZ, but as far as we were concerned way too much.
Another hour or so & onto the wifes plate.
Review: peachy sweet ribs were pretty good.
I am not a peach lover per-say, but mixed with the BBQ sauce it was a unique nice sweet flavor.
It also kept the ribs very moist. I will rotate this in my ribs every now & then for sure.
Thanks for looking & have a great week.

Last edited:
Not sure I've ever seen a recipe for peach ribs, Russ, but those look really good! I'm not a huge fan of sweet with my ribs either, though it's usually there in some form as a background element. Intriguing recipe.....

R

I have not done peach ribs before but often enjoy smoking meats with peach wood. It is a good combo with hickory wood.

Not sure I would have ever thought to put peach preserves on ribs...until today, that is. Good lookin' cookin', Russ.

Russ, they look and sound really good. It would be nice if you could work up a recipe and post it on the pork thread.

You know, in a form that we could copy and print out for future use.

Or

I just did a search of my recipes and was surprised to find out that I have around 5 rib recipes calling for peach preserves. If you want me to use one of those, just let me know.

Last edited:
We have never tried to make a peach based recipe on our own, but we do love this Zesty Peach BBQ Sauce that we get from our favorite local orchard and market. We use this on chicken though and love it. The Peach flavor is mild, but there. I have never tried it on pork and still don't think I would, but I like keeping a jar this in my frig so I don't doubt your for scratch was good. 20200518_170543.jpg

Russ, those peachy ribs look super good, indeed! I'm a huge peach fan, and me thinks next time I smoke some ribs I'm gonna have to try a peach approach. I'll probably start with canned peaches, crush 'em and cook 'em down a while until they nice and syrupy, then slather that on the ribs like you did. I also have peach wood from FuitaWood, which I would of course use. And, I would also save some of the peach mush to add to some homemade BBQ sauce in place of (most of) the sugar, which I'd pass around the table once they're done. :cool:

Thanks for the inspiration!

Cheers!

On an little bit different note, yesterday, while checking to see if we had any Peach Preserves in the house, I found a jar of Orange Marmalade. Last night DH brought home some fried chicken wings for dinner. We had a little bit of Balsamic Glaze left over from dipping cheese in before dinner. I added some Orange Marmalade to it and used it to dip the wings in. Turned out to be surprisingly very good. So, thank you Russ, for pointing us in that direction.

Looks great and sounds good to me Russ. I'd sure like to give it a try. A few years back I did some spares with a Blueberry/Chipotle sauce. I bought it online from a rib joint in North Carolina, 12 Bones Smokehouse I believe. It was really good.

Russ, they look good!
I also dont usually go sweet but once in a while...

Interested in the smoker you used... what is it?

Russ, they look good!
I also dont usually go sweet but once in a while...

Interested in the smoker you used... what is it?
Yea Jim,
the ribs were fixed on my Good One called the Open Range.
they are a nice unit made in the USA built to run on lump with a couple of wood chunks. They work really well in all kinds of weather.
And will cook with anyother stick burner out there. Without the hassle of having to add any wood. Its basicly a set it & forget it. They are promoted by the great Chris Marks. Check them out at Good One Smokers.com

Thanks everyone for all the kind words.
Looking forward to Smoke Day on Saturday!
gonna do Peppered Stout Beef with a little twist.
Should be fun.

I used to use apricot preserves and augment it with mustard and 5 spices, a little brandy. Sadly I should not have the sweeter sauces anymore but, now and again, I allow myself one or two ribs.

Those ribs look tasty GOOD nice job! i never would have thought of trying peach preserve i too don't really care for sweet ribs but this recipe sounds interesting has anyone tried pineapple preserve? pineapple and pork go well together just throwing it out there.

Back