Parts for my performer help

Reggie G

TVWBB Fan
So over in the land of gassers its fairly common knowledge that RCplane on ebay has the cats meow when it comes to flavorizer bars and grates

Are there any aftermarket cooking or charcoal grates I should look into for my new to me performer? I want to start off fresh with this girl

They do make cast iron grates for it, but at the temperatures that charcoal grills routinely get to, any benefit of cast iron seasoning burns off. You do get nice wide grill marks, but that is about it. They also rust.

Good point, I have not used them myself but, there are several folks here who do use them with proclaimed excellent results.
My wife got me the 303885 hinged set for Christmas a while back and the material is a little heavier, I think, than the stock one. Also it is really nice if you use a rotisserie, you can put the stock grate on the bottom, install some 1/4 20 short bolts on the ring, and then stack the rack minus the center section on the studs and increase space for other goodies! As far as I can see, now that I've installed the hinge on my 18.5 on the big cart, I'm down to needing no more equipment, maybe skewers, but all the rest of the funds can go to fuel and feast!

I'd look at the Weber Gourmet Grate system. It's plated, and not SS, but it's heavier gauge and should last longer. Not sure if still available, but you used to be able to order a heavier SS 22.5 grate from Weber, but it's somewhat expensive.

I'd look at the Weber Gourmet Grate system. It's plated, and not SS, but it's heavier gauge and should last longer.

This system came with mine and it is a nicer grate. I have added the Weber 8834 sear grate and it works good. I sent the griddle back, as I can get the same results from my cast iron skillets. I also ordered the BBQ Vortex, the link is below. This is a must if you love wings, the Gourmet Grate system works great with the Vortex because you can leave the center out while you are using it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181650919377?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The Craycorts are nice, no doubt.
I have the two piece Stok cast iron grates on mine most of the time. Rust has never been an issue. Char Broil also makes (made?) some cast iron grates for our kettles, but they are thin and have a rectangular pattern.

Back