Owner of 2000 Genesis needing repair.

BMeyer

Hi everyone, I have a 2000 Weber Genesis Silver B, and found this site while looking for info on cleaning and rebuilding it. I have rust on the left side firebox support and see that is a common problem for this model. I saw a few good ideas to repair it and I have seen new frames, anyone ever replace the frame and were you happy with the new one?

Welcome B, I was not aware of anyplace that still has any new frame sections for these grills. I would definitely go that route if you have found a source and please post a link for the part so others may take advantage.

Hi everyone, I have a 2000 Weber Genesis Silver B, and found this site while looking for info on cleaning and rebuilding it. I have rust on the left side firebox support and see that is a common problem for this model. I saw a few good ideas to repair it and I have seen new frames, anyone ever replace the frame and were you happy with the new one?
There are likely other people looking for parts for vintage Webers, so be sure to order what you need before posting a link.

Welcome @BMeyer ! There is a wealth of information here and I've learned a ton from the people that have been down this road many times. I've owned a model year 2000 Silver B since new. The Silver B frame is the same in 2000 and 2001. in 2002 they changed the frame so if you are ordering parts, make sure it is the correct style. Also note that 1999 and earlier frames are also different, but maybe you knew this already.

Below is a pic of a 2000 and a 2002 silver B frame side by side. If you look closely you'll see a number of subtle differences.

20210605_145218-jpg.29620

There's a few more pics here in this thread if that helps you on your journey.

Last edited:
Hopefully you've seen this post by @Bruce. A repair like that or finding a donor frame are your likely choices.

Last edited:

Back