Ovens with Air Fryer mode.

Arun L.

TVWBB All-Star
If anyone has a Big Oven with an Air Fryer mode, what does everyone think?

Does anyone have any exact times and temperatures they follow?

I got an oven with such a mode last month. It wasn't the main reason why I bought it, but it was a bonus that nudged me toward that model.

I'm not sure how an oven with air fryer mode is different from a convection toaster oven.

But, here are the results of what I've tried with the air fryer mode:

* Fish sticks: Great. Very crunchy.

*. Gorton's Lemmon Pepper Fish Fillets: They were good. However, the next day I did them in the convection toaster oven, and they were just as good. So not sure it was different, and it did feel wasteful turning on a big oven for 2 fish fillets.

* Bacon: Great, very crispy. I need to test this with Farmer's bacon. For this, I had just bought regular bacon, because it was going in soup. But I want to test this with normal bacon that I eat, which is different varieties from Farmers, now.

The air fry mode did seem to take longer than it would have had I cooked it on the Lodge skillet, but I liked the end result.

* Fries (Waffle; tater tots; regular chipotle seasoned fries): The waffle fries burned a little bit. These fries and tater tots were one of the things that I'm not sure were any better than a convection toaster oven. Also, since the edges burned for the waffle fries, this wasn't the best test. I still need to experiment with the time, in this mode. Also, the middle wasn't really crisp, even though the edges burned.

So this is still TBD, because I need to make them one time when they come out good. Then I can decide if it's different than using a convection toaster oven.

For now, I think the biggest selling point of this oven's air fry mode, isn't the mode itself, but that it comes with an air fry basket. I think the basket helped with the bacon and fish sticks.

Last edited:
I have a convection toaster oven and think the difference from it and a air fryer is a wire basket to let the air circulate better, bought a small basket style AF and its ok but for a very small amount of food, fan speed maybe a little different ? hard to say but I wont buy a toaster over size AF any time soon, my oven is also convection , may find wire basket to try in it

I have a convection toaster oven and think the difference from it and a air fryer is a wire basket to let the air circulate better, bought a small basket style AF and its ok but for a very small amount of food, fan speed maybe a little different ? hard to say but I wont buy a toaster over size AF any time soon, my oven is also convection , may find wire basket to try in it
Yes, your mentioning of the wire basket is what I think helps my oven cook differently in Air Fryer Mode.

But, also based on my observation, it didn't seem to matter much for Gorton's Lemon Pepper Fish Fillets.

Perfect topic...following. We have a pretty small kitchen and always looking for combination appliances to save counter space. Recently seen more air fryers that are also convection ovens, toaster ovens combined and looking for one. Currently our toaster oven serves double duty as a small oven for little things...but been eyeing the air fryer market to do vegetable french fries (rutabaga) and things...

We have this one. I like it cause it flips up leaving more counter space. Got rid of our toaster and put it in that space.
We also have a dual convection oven so didn't need any thing large for roasts or whole birds.
What I like is it only takes seconds to preheat compared to minutes in the oven.
Perfect when you only want to do a half bag of fries etc.

Where can I get this basket, and what are the dimensions? I want to see if it will fit in my Oster convection toaster oven.

And is there any other retailer where it's in stock?

Also, if anyone else in this thread has a big oven with an air fryer mode, like I do now, let me know what you think too.

We have this one. I like it cause it flips up leaving more counter space. Got rid of our toaster and put it in that space.
We also have a dual convection oven so didn't need any thing large for roasts or whole birds.
What I like is it only takes seconds to preheat compared to minutes in the oven.
Perfect when you only want to do a half bag of fries etc.
I was just looking at that today at Sam's. Do you have to screw it to the counter? It looks like it's supposed to be mounted, also looks like it uses halogen heating element. I know. You's are all thinking I hate plug in appliances. I do. But we have this Oster toaster oven that is so freakin big I HATE the thing and wish it would blow up but it doesn't. It keeps working. Wife buggin me about air fryer. Me? would never use it but she is not a really skilled cook (but oh boy can she bake!). Anyway all I want is a toaster that doesn't take up half the kitchen.

I was just looking at that today at Sam's. Do you have to screw it to the counter? It looks like it's supposed to be mounted, also looks like it uses halogen heating element. I know. You's are all thinking I hate plug in appliances. I do. But we have this Oster toaster oven that is so freakin big I HATE the thing and wish it would blow up but it doesn't. It keeps working. Wife buggin me about air fryer. Me? would never use it but she is not a really skilled cook (but oh boy can she bake!). Anyway all I want is a toaster that doesn't take up half the kitchen.
No it just sits on the counter and flips up out of the way.
It makes great toast and bagels.
I was hesitant on buying a "air fryer" because my convection oven does the same thing, but when you factor in there's only the two of us, the AF actually makes more sense.

Where can I get this basket, and what are the dimensions? I want to see if it will fit in my Oster convection toaster oven.

And is there any other retailer where it's in stock?

This is available now.

If anyone has this, can someone provide the dimensions?

I want to see if it will fit in my Oster toaster oven.

We needed a microwave for the new house so I got this one that has an air fryer, connection bake, and broiler options in it as well. Absolutely love it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085SV35MT/?tag=tvwb-20

It has the basket for air frying but also has an elevated grill and porcelain coated pan. The last two can be used even with microwave mode. This thing also has combo modes where you can use both the microwave and air fryer or broiler together. It's pretty great for small frozen pizzas. The microwave part cooks it faster and the broiler melts the cheese and crisps up the top and edges all at the same time.

We needed a microwave for the new house so I got this one that has an air fryer, connection bake, and broiler options in it as well. Absolutely love it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085SV35MT/?tag=tvwb-20

It has the basket for air frying but also has an elevated grill and porcelain coated pan. The last two can be used even with microwave mode. This thing also has combo modes where you can use both the microwave and air fryer or broiler together. It's pretty great for small frozen pizzas. The microwave part cooks it faster and the broiler melts the cheese and crisps up the top and edges all at the same time.
How is a microwave air fryer different than a normal stand alone air fryer?

Just bought one of these. Wife has been bugging me she wants an air fryer. We have a toaster oven (Oster) than I wish would just "break" as I hate it. Just too damn big. But it was cheap when I needed to buy one. I simply wanted to buy a toaster or a small toaster oven. Again wife complains because she likes to be able to stick the trashy frozen pizza she likes into it (gag me).
So I think I found the best of both worlds (for those who know me and how much I hate counter top appliances) I bought this for her Birthday which was yesterday https://www.samsclub.com/p/ninja-fo...ection-toaster/prod24963075?xid=plp_product_3
What I like is it's low profile, easy to operate, supposedly makes excellent toast, can fit her awful pizza, and when not used folds up.
I only did the initial cleaning and burn off. Have not used it yet. She seems happy and I can get that awful Oster off my counter

Back