Oster Roaster/Smoker BB Ribs

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
Around here, the weather is always very nice and warm on Super bowl Sunday for great ribs, except, for this year. We are being blasted with strong Santa Ana winds, no way to break out the weber. So....plan B. Use my indoor Roaster/Smoker! Still learning on using this, but the results were great!!!! I used Pecan wood chips, set the temp to 250F, added water, place the roaster in my Wood burning stove, work out great!!!!

I would lift the lid every so slight, on the hr, the check the progress of the ribs. At the 4hr marked, they looked like they were done. The ribs broke apart when I tried to lift the ribs out! The ribs were moist, super tender, with some mild smoke flavor. Overall, a success!!!!! Next time, I will make sure there is plenty of water, and maybe run the temp at 300F, for a faster cook. Overall, happy how this roaster smoker is working out :) Next time, I'm thinking of cooking a pork roast, or CSR! Here are the pictures.

Pecan wood and this great Weber rub!!!!

Ready to smoke these ribs.

Great setup and not making the whole house smell smoky, it sure smells good though ;).

Ribs are done.

Ribs broke when I tried to lift it out, note, no sauce needed.

Moist and tender.

These ribs were a hit!!!! Thanks for looking :).

Lived in SoCal for 40+ years and know the SA winds well, you made the right call on that one. Ribs look great!

You sure did make the right call, those SA winds are not for cooking. You did excellent that meat is perfect.

Back