Onlyfire rotisserie with the pizza window $102.75

If it wasn’t ten days before Christmas, I might just have to have one! My original Weber roti is just fine and I have not done enough pizza lately to justify the purchase. (One heck of a deal though)

If it wasn’t ten days before Christmas, I might just have to have one! My original Weber roti is just fine and I have not done enough pizza lately to justify the purchase. (One heck of a deal though)
I find that at Christmas time, I wind up buying stuff for myself quite often due to great deals on things popping up. Either that or I put it on my Christmas list for someone else to grab.

Geez, only ten days until Christmas. It is coming fast this year for me.

Does this work? It just seems like there is so much space above the pizza...how does the top get cooked? And it seems like it would be difficult to control the temps when not cooking pizza, with the air leakage past the pizza door.

Has anyone used one of these? Not that I'm in the market, just curious.

Dang it, I thought this was discontinued because it was unavailable for months. So, just this week I got a slightly used Big Joetisserie to hack for my Summit Kamado, thinking I'll sell the Performer and keep the S6. If I'd seen this deal, it certainly could have gone the other way.

Dang it, I thought this was discontinued because it was unavailable for months. So, just this week I got a slightly used Big Joetisserie to hack for my Summit Kamado, thinking I'll sell the Performer and keep the S6. If I'd seen this deal, it certainly could have gone the other way.
Out of curiosity why would you think about selling the S6 and keeping the performer? On this list it seems that everyone goes the other way.

Out of curiosity why would you think about selling the S6 and keeping the performer? On this list it seems that everyone goes the other way.
Mostly because I feel guilty having a $2k slowly rusting grill I seldom use. I feel like I should free up the cash and sell it to someone who will use it more. I burned coal once or twice per month this year, and that will likely decrease as my business travel takes off again. Compare that to cooking 3-5 meals per week on the Genesis or the Blackstone.

Secondary reason is that the Performer is light enough to easily move up and down my sloped lot, so I can cook in the driveway with easy kitchen and outlet access up front, or on the back patio near the lake. I rolled the Summit down to the patio on my own, and I COULD roll it back up to the garage/kitchen level, but it wouldn't be fun.

Also, there are more fun toys for the Performer, like Santa Maria, this pizza rotisserie ring, etc. I love experimenting with tools and techniques.

I love the flexibility and ease of temperature control on the Summit Kamado and it just feels like a premium product. So, I'll mostly likely keep it and just feel guilty about it sitting under a cover 300+ days per year. I've already moved in that direction with the Joetisserie and KJ pizza stone that's too big for any of my other cookers. I just need to fix the ignitor on my Performer and find it a good home.

Mostly because I feel guilty having a $2k slowly rusting grill I seldom use. I feel like I should free up the cash and sell it to someone who will use it more. I burned coal once or twice per month this year, and that will likely decrease as my business travel takes off again. Compare that to cooking 3-5 meals per week on the Genesis or the Blackstone.

Secondary reason is that the Performer is light enough to easily move up and down my sloped lot, so I can cook in the driveway with easy kitchen and outlet access up front, or on the back patio near the lake. I rolled the Summit down to the patio on my own, and I COULD roll it back up to the garage/kitchen level, but it wouldn't be fun.

Also, there are more fun toys for the Performer, like Santa Maria, this pizza rotisserie ring, etc. I love experimenting with tools and techniques.

I love the flexibility and ease of temperature control on the Summit Kamado and it just feels like a premium product. So, I'll mostly likely keep it and just feel guilty about it sitting under a cover 300+ days per year. I've already moved in that direction with the Joetisserie and KJ pizza stone that's too big for any of my other cookers. I just need to fix the ignitor on my Performer and find it a good home.
Makes perfect sense to me. I like cooking with charcoal but do it infrequently. I feel that to use charcoal it has to be for something that takes an hour or more to make it worthwhile to get the taste. So I mainly do smoking with some rotisserie chickens. If I am just cooking a couple of hot dogs, burgers, steaks, and even wings I am usually on the gasser as these things tend to cook hot and fast so there is negligible difference to our pallets, gas is less expensive, no need to haul home or shop for sales, no clean up, no excessive smoke and way faster. When I fire up charcoal I plan to have it going for hours.

These are currently on sale at Amazon Canada for $150-$25 coupon + a free roll of high heat BBQ gasket tape. I ordered one for $125cad (around $93usd). Apparently they were even cheaper on Cyber Monday.

Back