OK Looky What I Landed This Afternoon

LMichaels

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Just happened to see this pop on FB Marketplace. Too good to pass up and only a few minutes away down in Fairdale. Nice couple had it. No not perfect by ANY stretch but free is free. And everything is there except flavorizer bars. Grates are even the old OEM stamped SS. I think the LP regulator and hose is missing. Big deal I have one brand new extra. I even have a brand new set of the stamped stainless grates. Just need flavo bars. Burners looked intact. Lid is dirty but no fade and looks like no chips and all the pieces are there. Not even any rust on the frame I could see. Even up by the fire box. I think I made out like a bandit.

20230226_163300.jpg20230226_163309.jpg20230226_163320.jpg20230226_163326.jpg20230226_163331.jpg20230226_163335.jpg20230226_163355.jpg20230226_163359.jpg20230226_163423.jpg20230226_163432.jpg

Just happened to see this pop on FB Marketplace. Too good to pass up and only a few minutes away down in Fairdale. Nice couple had it. No not perfect by ANY stretch but free is free. And everything is there except flavorizer bars. Grates are even the old OEM stamped SS. I think the LP regulator and hose is missing. Big deal I have one brand new extra. I even have a brand new set of the stamped stainless grates. Just need flavo bars. Burners looked intact. Lid is dirty but no fade and looks like no chips and all the pieces are there. Not even any rust on the frame I could see. Even up by the fire box. I think I made out like a bandit.

View attachment 66848View attachment 66849View attachment 66850View attachment 66851View attachment 66852View attachment 66853View attachment 66854View attachment 66855View attachment 66856View attachment 66857
Just when you think the ol' Weberitis has gone into remission it pulls you back in...is it a keeper or a flip grill?

Great deal, plus it's an older Silver B that still had the frame crossmembers on the bottom. The flip down table on the right side is also a welcome option.

Yeah I am not sure exactly what it is but even the part that seems to get lost a lot (the wire shelf) is still with it and other than dirty in perfect shape. It will either be a "keeper" or a present. Daughter's SO (daddy to the 2 babies). It may be a b/day present or it may end up replacing my Genesis 2/3000 IDK yet. It needs a lot of TLC and cleaning but there is no rust. It needs a few if not all new insert nuts for the frame rails but bottom line no "repair". That is a HUGE plus for me. Since it's the repairs like welding I am not good at or even able to perform. Even the little manifold hangar is still with it. Lots to like here (especially the price) :D

That part is a manifold support. It sits under the manifold and clips up over the grill frame to support it.

What exactly is this grill. With the 2 flip up trays it feels like a bit of a unicorn. Gonna start scraping it out soon

What exactly is this grill. With the 2 flip up trays it feels like a bit of a unicorn. Gonna start scraping it out soon
Its a Silver B with the optional right side table.

I think it's a 2001. In 2002 the cart changed and didn't have the lower left to right cross bars.

I have a 2004 silver B with both flip up tables.

Larry, those are my favorite rehab grills. People love the extra right side flip up table. I have even added a second flip up table to some of my Silver B's that didn't originally have them. That is a perfect 3 burner Silver B grill right there. Not sure on the age, but you might be able to still read the serial number on it. Probably under the control panel or on the right side edge of the control panel between the control panel and right side handle. If it is there, you will probably need to remove the right side handle to see it. Then you can get an accurate date for it.

Excellent find. Great grill so long as you don’t overheat the cook box. They do bulge and warp if they have any sort of fire in the hole beyond regular cooking. Enjoy!

Larry -- you got my grill exactly, or very close to it.

Mine is a Silver B Special Edition. Bought it in May 2000. My serial number begins DD.....

"Special" means: double flip up table, SS flav bars, SS grates (stamped), and special mica (i.e. flecked) Green color lid. The mica lids (also blue and black were made) have flecks in the color like a car finish. My green mica is a duller/sparklier color than the flat green.

Everything is still going strong on mine. I did eventually get PCCI grates to replace the stamped SS (and then later got some GGs...). As the original owner, I did get a new cookbox about a year ago to address some bow-ing out. Haven't installed it yet (somewhat put off by the bolt that I'll have to cut or tap out).

The second table is really handy and makes up for the knobs using up space on the right hand panel. Lots of work area for a fairly small grill and footprint.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Silver B.jpg
    Silver B.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Larry -- you got my grill exactly, or very close to it.

Mine is a Silver B Special Edition. Bought it in May 2000. My serial number begins DD.....

"Special" means: double flip up table, SS flav bars, SS grates (stamped), and special mica (i.e. flecked) Green color lid. The mica lids (also blue and black were made) have flecks in the color like a car finish. My green mica is a duller/sparklier color than the flat green.

Everything is still going strong on mine. I did eventually get PCCI grates to replace the stamped SS (and then later got some GGs...). As the original owner, I did get a new cookbox about a year ago to address some bow-ing out. Haven't installed it yet (somewhat put off by the bolt that I'll have to cut or tap out).

The second table is really handy and makes up for the knobs using up space on the right hand panel. Lots of work area for a fairly small grill and footprint.

Enjoy!
Jim, I would be willing to bet money that's the same grill as the one Larry picked up, good call. As far as getting the old cookbox out of your grill, don't be intimidated by it. I have come up with a simple and quick method to get that bolt out even if it has "galvanized" itself to the cookbox. Just crank the nut off of the bolt, if it breaks off that's just fine. Knock the bolt back through the cookbox to remove it. If the bolt doesn't want to come out, use a propane torch to heat the head of it up from inside the box for about 30 seconds. It will pretty much just fall out at that point. Use brand new stainless steel hardware to install new cook box. I'm sure you can do the whole operation start to finish in 20 or 30 minutes.

Back