NU Temp NU-701

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Thinking of getting this model. Can handle 3 remote sensors. Anyone have experience with this product.

Thanks
Aloha Friday
Rich

Remote thermos ar a hot topic here. Excuse me, no pun intended. I've not had the NU-701, so I can't add anything except to say that many, many threads going back several years here are still online and available thru the Search function at the top of the page. My search on "NU-701" brought up 12 results from as far back as 2001.

Thnaks Doug. SHould have thought of the search engine first. Got the information I was seeking.

Aloha Friday
Rich
Alamo, CA

I just posted in the "Advanced Discussion" group in the Polder thread. I made some comments on the NU-temp. I have used them for about the last 1.5 years and have had no problems. Range is not that great, about 50 feet or less thru my lath and plaster home. They are rather slow to show temp changes sometimes and are not extremely accurate, I think one of mine is 200 in boiling water and the other is 222. But that being said they are great when doing an all-night cook and you want to get some sleep, the alarm for temp rise or loss is great. I usually use 2 probes and transmitters during an all-night cook, one in the meat and one in the cooking chamber. That way I get meat temp and ambient smoker temp on the same console, very nice.
I bought them when Costco used to sell them, I think they were 20 some odd bucks each, and I don't think I would have bought them if I had to pay full retail.

Kurt R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back