Novel rotisserie use

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So I kinda found a novel use for the infrared rotisserie on my Wolf (sorry no photos). I have this flat basket. I loaded it up with chicken pieces (skin on bone in of course) and a good amount of S&P. I think the salt helps this process out. I use a small knife to jab some small tiny slits in the skin. Four outside burners on the Wolf turned on. Furthest out at med next ones at low. A small container of wood ships on the outside heat tent. IR burner as hot as she gets and a water pan underneath to catch drippings. Moist, flavorful chicken with skin like hog cracklins. Simply amazing. Sadly I cannot duplicate this on the Genesis. If I try to generate that much concentrated heat as the IR does I just get burned chicken. This is the first time I have found something the IR burner can do (other than helping with pizza) that I cannot do on my trusty old Genesis E/W grill. L

Great, now I have to find an old Wolf to restore? Thanks, Larry. ;)

My dad had a rotisserie basket when I was little. He used it for everything, chicken, ribs, burgers. Though they didn't have IR burners in those days.

A small container of wood ships on the outside heat tent.

That typo made me chuckle, and think of Crosby Still & Nash. :)

Wooden ships on the water very free and easy
Easy, you know the way it's supposed to be
Silver people on the shoreline let us be
Talkin' very free and easy

Back