Not a grill in sight for this "cook".

David

TVWBB Pro
Ok, didn't do a thing on the grill, but thought some of you cooks out that enjoy how my Friday afternoon was spent. Making pasta with my homemade drying rack.....really professional,:cool: two boxes or should I say four, three stacked, and a wooden dowel. One of these days, I'll spend a few minutes to actually build a real one, but until then.

I made two kinds, the picture is just half of my fresh pasta, this is the fettuccine. The next batch was angle hair for a bowl of Bolognese that I had for dinner. I had taped the Thur. night NFL game as I was out, so watched it on Friday night..... nice to fast forward thru commercials and halftime.;)

Anyway, I apologize for those looking for grilling:wsm: pictures, but not today.:p

Drying rack composed of two boxes of equal stacked on top of an Amazon packing box, dowel and just an old box in the garage.

pasta001_zps1dd997bb.jpg
[/IMG]

Close up of the pasta.

pasta003_zps40ac4df9.jpg
[/IMG]

Not to worry, a lot of that flour was also on me and the floor.;)

[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q306/clayking1/pasta004_zps26bd06f2.jpg[/IMG]

And of course, the dish. Somehow, the game on the TV did not photo well.....anyway, I put way too much in that bowl and was stuffed as I ate it all anyway.

pasta2002_zpsf2a239fa.jpg
[/IMG]

And then two hours later helped myself to some good ole homemade ice cream, no pic..................................d

Ok here is my take. You where thinking about the Weber so therefore the picture is just fine.

Partly correct, I did think:) about grilling the meat on the grill to add some "flavor" before making the sauce, but too lazy:( to go fire one up. Next, time I will........anyway, if you look though the window to the right of the french doors, you can partly see the gas grill:cool:...........................d

Very ncie looking pasta!!! Do you plan on cooking all of the pasta or freeze some of it? Does pasta even freeze well?

Very ncie looking pasta!!! Do you plan on cooking all of the pasta or freeze some of it? Does pasta even freeze well?

Yep, I froze about half of it. I dry it just before it gets dry brittle, so I can form little nests of it. If dried, one does not need to keep in the freezer as long as it is cooked before consumption. If I'm eating it within a few days, I dry about the same and stick it in the fridge. For a heavy sauce like Bolognese, or a meat sauce, store bought is fine, as the sauce will overpower the pasta. For a lite dish, with just a little butter and cheese, the fresh really stands out more.................d

Back