No Strings Attached

Gary S

TVWBB Guru
It was a cool night in Central Ontario, 10F and the snow was falling. I wasn't sure if the 26 would start :) I used a tablet of Xtraflame and a small chimney of R/O lump. I poured the chimney over some left over lump from two days ago, gave it a stir and she fired right up. The 26 idled at 250.

Before hand I marinated a pork tenderloin with EVOO and garlic. After the marinade I carved the tenderloin, pounded it out, took a small bun, pulverized it in the food processor, added kale, shredded carrot, onion powder, salt & pepper to make a tenderloin dressing.

I rolled the tenderloin capturing the dressing,

then made up a bacon weave,

I let the tenderloin rest in the freezer for 30 minutes.

In the meantime I throttled up the 26 to 300F with some hickory & apple wood and put the roast on.

Added some asparagus with lemon and balsamic

then carved up one of thee best tenderloins I've ever cooked.

sorry no plated pictures.

Last edited:
Gary that looks about as good as I've ever seen a tenderloin look. Flippin' awesome. I can't even imagine how good that thing must have tasted.

Last edited:
Awesome looking cook! Seems like the weather does not have much affect on the amazing 26er.

Gary that pork roll looks awesome..weather sucks!! I'll take my 25 today!!

Great looking meal and fine winter cooking dude!!

Thank you all for your comments. More winter cooks to come, just wish I had 40 lbs. of Halibut like Morgan C :)

Gary this is a great cook on a cool night, hard to beat pork loin wrapped in bacon. Nicely done and looked very moist also.
Hats off my friend.

Kevin

Awesome looking cook Gary! I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't cooked a pork loin in the past, but I see a similar attempt in the very near future. Thanks for the inspiration!

Back