NLCS Game 2 BBQ

Matthew Turner

TVWBB Member
The forecast called for great weather this weekend in Milwaukee so I asked my wife what BBQ she wanted. We had already had brisket and hot links from our favorite carry out place earlier in the week so she opted for ribs.

Local megamart didn't have a great selection but I found some Smithfield spares that had already been St. Louis trimmed. I like spares but would rather trim myself and get all of the trimmings for other culinary endeavors. I did a 48 mile bike ride yesterday morning and didn't want to drive all over looking for a better selection so I went with the St. Louis trimmed spares.

8-3-1-1 rub. 2.5 hours at 300°F on 18" WSM. Wrapped and on for another hour. Finished on gasser brushed with the foil juices. Perfect KCBS bite-off-the-bone and dripping ribby goodness.

IMG_1141.jpeg

Kudos on your bike ride. I think I drive 48 miles today with the top down to enjoy an all blue sky and warm sun. Cook looks solid too!

Last edited:
Great looking ribs, Matthew! I'm a "serve 'em dry, let people sauce them if they like" person, too!

Oh, and props on the ride (I had to look at the current MKE weather to make sure you weren't a total nut.....but it looks relatively mild still!) I'm building back up to 50+ from a longish layoff....

R

Nice looking ribs! I may smoke some ribs this weekend as well. Weather for STL this Saturday shows a 76% chance of no rain.

Back