Newly Restored Weber Genesis 3000

JHutche

Hi guys,

Just wanted to post up my newly restored genesis that I've been working on. The wood is all brand new cedar stained with a red cedar all weather stain. It is very similar to my original owner 87 Genesis 2300 LP 'redhead' that I have up at the cottage. More pics in the daylight to come.

GE17Wzd.jpg

I also wanted to post a question. I converted this BBQ from NG to LP by purchasing a new manifold. It seems there is a jet in the side burner as well, do I need to replace it with an LP jet?

Jon Hutcheon (a.k.a Hutch)

BBQs:
Weber Genesis 2300 LP
Weber Genesis 3000 LP
Big Green Egg Small & Large

The jets are different between the Summit side burners NG (larger), LP (smaller), that I have.
Our two Genesis 5000s are both NGs so I cannot compare.

THe NG Summit side burner will burn on a LP feed, and vice-versa but you get a much better flame, and level of flame control with the correct jet.
A good gas plumber/repairman should be able to fix you up with the correct jet if you tell him what you are doing and the heat output of the side burner.

Restore is looking good!

Very nice restore. I have the same dilemma I have a LP Ducane (Weber product) and I'm changing out the manifold too NG, but don't know what to do with the side burner issue, I really don't use side burners much so I just might live with it.

Thanks guys for the kudos! Much appreciated! Love my Webers!

I talked to my local Weber dealer and he said I just need to switch the orifice to an LP which has a smaller diameter hole in it. Luckily I had a couple and I switched it out. It is a pretty small flame considering what I had before which makes sense. Either way I'm glad to have it completely converted back to LP and I'll hang on to all the parts in case she needs to go back. I'll report back on how it works.

3000 lx?

how does a 3000 differ from a 3000 LX? is it just the dura wood vs. real wood slats? because I believe they both come w/ side burners? thx!!!

Back