Newbie stymied by gas valves

Ryan P MKE

Hey all,

first, a big thank you for all the posts here that have been both inspiring and instructive as I have attempted my first real restoration. I grew up with my dad cooking on a squarish Weber grill and knew that I wanted one - a neighbor offered one for free and I jumped on it as a project during caronavirus isolation. Posts here were really valuable and doubly inspiring, especially because this grill has about 30 years of use and very few cleanings. It’s been a LOT of work to get this thing clean and the parts ready. it’s now beautiful and gleaming and ready to assemble, including rcplanebuyer bars and grills. Which bring me to item two:

Gas valves! I’m 99% sure that I have a Spirit 700 - the serial was worn away, but the firebox has engravings 150-040-00 and B700FB-1. Plus, it looks just like the photos of the model. Its in great shape under all the layers of crud, but one valve stem is busted while the other two valves are so corroded that I can’t pull them apart for cleaning. So I would like to replace all three. But I can’t find them anywhere!

The common replacement valve 34600 doesn’t fit - I have three of them now but the threads are different and the stems are 2x as long. So I’m stuck at the moment.

Can you suggest how/where I might get these valves? None of the common bbq sites have them, it seems. Is there a part number that I should look for? Can I swap out th manifold/valves made for a Genesis model?

Many thanks for your opinions on this. I’m so close to being done that I can almost taste my first burgers.

Your best bet is to find someone on this forum that has one. It could be that the same manifold and valves was used on other more common models.
Can you post some pictures of the grill and the manifold and if you include some measurements of the manifold such as the distance between the two mounting holes in the brackets, the length of the brackets from the manifold to the bend on the bracket and the distance between the center of one valve stem to the center of the next one. Then maybe someone can find one that would work for your grill.

Thanks for your help! Took some measurements this morning:

6 1/8“ between gas port holes (center to center)

8” from bend in the bracket bars to manifold

6” between bracket holes (center to center)

BA420FE9-274E-4BC7-A565-8779D2D03E2D.jpeg
19B9E9A3-78A9-41D6-A9F3-6789A50BD515.jpeg
665010E2-9D44-4681-AABE-753379184D3D.jpeg

Yah, that is an older one. Hopefully Dave has a spare. I don't think I do, but I will check if he cannot come up with one.

That manifold looks in very nice shape for its age.

It was pretty filthy when I got it, looks much nicer after a few hard scrubbing sessions and some paint. The manifold is in great shape, just that the valves got gummed up.

image.jpg
F0B7063B-A33C-4C87-9343-0A54819D9111.jpeg
8486BD4E-45C8-4AE3-9930-E63ED7481C62.jpeg

Last edited:
This may help: the valves have 85790 on the stem and the brass part of the body has a few stamps, 9843 and (I think) HN034

Back