New Years Eve Cook

Derek_Marsh

TVWBB Super Fan
Happy New Year to you all. Hope you had a great 2013 and look forward to a great 2014!

Not a lot of pics, but had to share anyway.

Nice cold winter day here in Canada to get cooking:

11708636455_b04c07ec6d_z.jpg

First off, getting the new performer all fired up. Just love the sight of this!

Did some back ribs on the WSM. Ran for 2 hours at about 280'ish and then foiled with butter and apple juice for another 1.5 hours. Then removed and tightened up for another hour on the WSM. Kept in warmer in over for about another hour before eating.

Rubbed and ready:

11709015674_dc34c475e9_c.jpg

After cooking and sitting, they got wiped out by family and friends. This was all that was left to take a picture of.........

11709001914_c3a6e3ede2_c.jpg

Smoke ring was a thing of beauty on these. Done with Apple and Hickory. These were the best tasting ribs I have done to date. Just perfect balance of smoke and seasoning. Thus why they got cleaned out quickly.

And no action shots on the performer, as it was very dark. So just a pick of the wings. Done with a sesame sauce. Turned out fantastic as well! Love my new performer.

11709395096_1d162cd4ba_c.jpg

We had a great evening with friends, some beverages and great food. Everyone was happy, as well as the cook!

Thanks for looking all.

I hope the pit master got to taste the goodies before the masses devoured. LOL Great lookin ribs and chicken!
Scott

Back