New Years Day Pork collards and hop n johns

New years day I cooked a 6 lb pork butt with my standard dry rub cooked at 250 for about 10 hours on my drum with stubbs and pecan wood. I made a yellow mustard sauce and a red sauce to go with it. My girlfriend cooked (indoors) collards with ham hock and hop n johns, which is a low country South Carolina dish with black eyed peas (cooked with ham hock) white rice, and tomatoes. I also made cornbread with corn in the bread on a CIS.

enjoy-- btw got this butt on sale at Kroger for 1.37 per lb

Nice Southern New Year's Day meal there. I served the same meal (except replaced the greens with smoked cabbage).

Here's my New Year's day meal. The top pic is a pork tenderloin in a crock pot slow cooker, wrapped with rosemary and seasoned with thyme, salt and pepper and cooked with granny smith apple chunks seasoned with brown sugar and cinnamon. The bottom pic is collards and kale. Of course the other one is black eyed peas. The peas and greens were cooked with smoked ham hocks. I also made a pan-cooked cornbread on the top of the stove that is not pictured. The second pic is a close up of the pork tenderloin.

NewYearsDay2014_zpsd9fe36b1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back