New Weber Smokefire EX4 Assembled and ready to go

JeffBlake

Well I pulled the trigger last week and picked up the EX4. Took me the morning to put it together during work breaks. Yes I couldnt wait for the weekend to do this! Too damn excited :ROFLMAO:.

Everything went together well except for the front skirt where the ash tray goes in. I managed to chip it :mad:

IMG_5451[1].JPG

After getting it put together I had no issues connecting it to the bluetooth on my phone and doing all the firmware and updates. Next issue I had though was trying to connect it to my wifi. My phone sitting right next to the grill had full signal but the app could never find an access point. I spent most of the day trying to sort this out and finally gave up and called Weber. They asked me a few questions which I already had tried and then decided to replace the whole Connect Control Assembly. Dont get me wrong the controller works fine with no issues other then the Wifi adapter seems to be faulty. Oh and while I had them on the phone I told them about the chip on the front skirt and they said they would ship me a replacement part at no charge as well. :)

IMG_5457[1].JPG

The initial burn in went well. Grill came up to temp really quickly even with it being 10 Degrees Celsius out and held the temp well.

IMG_5461[1].JPG

So far so good. The Wifi would be nice to have working and I hope the new controller will sort that out when I get it but its not crucial to get up and running.

I did a rib cook over the weekend. I will post some pics of that shortly.

So weber sent me a new control assembly and I got it today. Installed it and sure enough the Wifi is up and running on the grill now :D

Just need to find some meat to grill up for this weekend!

Looks like a nice unit.
Enjoy the cooks.
How did you feel about the whole level of smoke from the pellets.....
I think I was talking to you earlier on that subject.

I actually found the smoke level to be perfect! I normally cook with just charcoal, not even adding other wood and I found that to be to Smokey. Especially with leftovers. I dont like the smoke to be to overpowering which I found with my charcoal grill. This added a nice smoke flavor that definitely didnt get stronger even with the leftovers.

Congrats Jeff. New owners are surprised at the flavor they get out of the Smokefire. You're definitely off on the right foot. Your food looks great.

Back